"the price of faking my hand job" Marie Claire Jul 05

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karren

Reaction score
hey all

just wondering if anyone else has seen the above article by Marian Keyes in the July edition of Marie Claire - Page 169 ?

Its not a particularly positive piece on nail enhancements - quotes such as "i spent a long, boring - and painful - 90 minutes: my well -wisher hadnt warned me that it hurts as they solder the fakes to your real .......

"eventually the maintenance began to weary me, Upkeep was a constant worry, requiring round the clock vigilance and the nails seemed to grow faster and faster and break more and more often ...

i'll try and find someone to scan it in so you can read the whole story - unless someone else could do it before hand

Gosh why can't we have full pages on the positives of nail enhancements in these magazines and not just the likes of Professional Nails and Scratch which everyday people dont read??? i dont understand why its always so negative ? I know there are some "bad" techs out there but there surely are just as many great ones

kx

maybe the writers for the professional mags should go mainstream and do the industry a favour!!

Karren said:
hey all

just wondering if anyone else has seen the above article by Marian Keyes in the July edition of Marie Claire - Page 169 ?

Its not a particularly positive piece on nail enhancements - quotes such as "i spent a long, boring - and painful - 90 minutes: my well -wisher hadnt warned me that it hurts as they solder the fakes to your real .......

"eventually the maintenance began to weary me, Upkeep was a constant worry, requiring round the clock vigilance and the nails seemed to grow faster and faster and break more and more often ...

i'll try and find someone to scan it in so you can read the whole story - unless someone else could do it before hand

Gosh why can't we have full pages on the positives of nail enhancements in these magazines and not just the likes of Professional Nails and Scratch which everyday people dont read??? i dont understand why its always so negative ? I know there are some "bad" techs out there but there surely are just as many great ones

kx
SOLDER ? i hadnt thought of that ! perhaps shes been going to a plumber to get her nails done, no wonder it was painful :lol:
i cant help feeling just a little bit glad it HURT when people who should know better write crap like this. :twisted:

Maybe someone like Mum should do her nails............... that would soon change her mind........
Solder well I never knew that!!!! So I should have done a Masters in Welding not one in L&P....I will never amount to anything then will I ???....Well Wrought Iron Nails, just think of all the fancy designs we could create that way....twists and swirls and every set gets a free Wrought Iron Garden Gate thrown in ............. Nice Advertisement............... LOL but as we all know its gore and bad news that sells the mags, as far as I can tell from the name isn't this Lady a book writer.......... Oh well the truth is sometimes stranger than fiction..........in this case fiction is stranger than the truth........... but you know what, who cares, we all know the difference , we all know how to create beautiful nails .....and soldering ain't on the menu but soldiering on is xxxxxx I bet also there will be loads of those reading that article, looking at their beautiful nails and think to themself, poor sod, should have gone to a real Technician xxxx

I agree with you all on this one too!

I feel really angry when we are all put into one category!!

Why don't these mags do an article on really good Nail Techs and someone put the record straight!!!.........PLEASE!!!!!!!

I do sometimes feel I have to justify my job as people assume that "they" are bad for your nails, its like I have to convince them they are NOT!!!

As was said before, some people just like to see the bad in everyone!!!

It makes me even more deterimed to raise my standards even higher!!!

xxxx

That's a shame, Marian Keyes is usually a fantastic author!! She does have a thing about the nails though, I read in one of her books about a character going into a salon and having the works done!

hi Karren

i read that article yesterday, doesn't do us any favours at all!

i suppose it was just her column and her take on something and not an actual article which is why it has been printed even though it is incorrect

angel fingers said:
i cant help feeling just a little bit glad it HURT when people who should know better write crap like this. :twisted:

HA!!! HURT HER! QUISH HER PINKIE!! MAKE HER SQUEEL LIKE A PIGLET! lol!

oh, and p.s. "hand job" and "faking a hand job" have different meanings here! I'm just loving the English language!

Latest posts

Back