The search facility - just saying

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KayaPapaya

Reaction score
In the spirit of love and harmony (and not least as there's at least 4 threads on page one asking EXACTLY the same thing)

Ladies and gents of the hair geek forum, please, please, please I beg of you to familiarise yourself with the "search" facility - currently found in the top right hand side of the page......

There you will find 425 pages of wonderful hair geek-tastic responses to a wide range of topics - probably, (or even slightly) possibly just what you want to know.

If you're thinking it, probably someone else has "thunk" it before....

If you're on your phone, can your super-urgent question wait until you can see the full website properly??

I know everyone wants instant access, but just because you can't see an answer on page one, there's not to say it's not on the 425 other pages.

Thank you! :)

Next you'll be suggesting people use Google to find the details of suppliers or even call suppliers up with supplier specific questions that only they can answer.

Clearly we don't want to encourage such common sense behaviour now do we. ;o)

In the spirit of love and harmony (and not least as there's at least 4 threads on page one asking EXACTLY the same thing)

Ladies and gents of the hair geek forum, please, please, please I beg of you to familiarise yourself with the "search" facility - currently found in the top right hand side of the page......

There you will find 425 pages of wonderful hair geek-tastic responses to a wide range of topics - probably, (or even slightly) possibly just what you want to know.

If you're thinking it, probably someone else has "thunk" it before....

If you're on your phone, can your super-urgent question wait until you can see the full website properly??

I know everyone wants instant access, but just because you can't see an answer on page one, there's not to say it's not on the 425 other pages.

Thank you! :)

Totally agree :) and on the phone app you can.search too xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Currently 11 threads asking something that has been asked!! Grrrr god damn search it! X

Next you'll be suggesting people use Google to find the details of suppliers or even call suppliers up with supplier specific questions that only they can answer.

Clearly we don't want to encourage such common sense behaviour now do we. ;o)

Now that's just crazy talk!! :D

I think this should be made a sticky :)

Omg! This is the worst I've seen it! An what's with all the advertising too? X

I'm glad it's not just me that's noticed!

Just to say to newbies who expressed concerns last time, please don't take this the wrong way and don't be frightened to ask questions as Hair Geeks are ace and will help you out, but please, just take 5 minutes to have a little search.

I did begin to wonder if people think there is only 1 page of threads and then they disappear to the dusty vaults of salon geek....never to be seen again :)

Anyway, hereby endeth the Public Service Announcement by Kaya Papaya, today brought to you by the letters "S E A R C and H" and the numbers 4 2 and 5 :D

O my god so totally agree!!

Omg! This is the worst I've seen it! An what's with all the advertising too? X

Unsolicited advertising is against the site rules. If it is not relevant to the thread or on an old thread, bumped up for advertising purposes, then please report it.

Can I, while this thread is going too, to ask for a extension geek forum to be made? Its getting very boring with repeats of lush-us being poor quality, how to apply, what brand etc... Over and over.

Also people need to stop posting a question, no answer and instead of bumping up they ask again.

If your on iPhone search facility is at the bottom of the screen too. Xoxo

Well first of all, when I've used the search facility, it doesn't always bring up what I'm looking for………even though I know it's been discussed before.

Also, even if it has been discussed before, this is a forum and people's experiences and views change all the time. We need to keep moving and growing so I think keeping it current is just fine for me. Besides, I don't have to open a thread and read it. :Kissing:

Well first of all, when I've used the search facility, it doesn't always bring up what I'm looking for………even though I know it's been discussed before.

Also, even if it has been discussed before, this is a forum and people's experiences and views change all the time. We need to keep moving and growing so I think keeping it current is just fine for me. Besides, I don't have to open a thread and read it. :Kissing:

I hear what you're saying, and my intention was not to stop people posting threads at all, it's just to take a few minutes to think whether someone else may have also asked the similar thing - at somepoint ever in the near or not to near futures! I hoped I had clarified that in my second post.

I genuinely did wonder if people think there is only 1 page of hair threads. Because it's the same questions over and over again.

Of course things change in this industry. And processes and products and training change. Of course. I'd be naive to expect otherwise. However, all I was trying to do was to raise awareness of search function.

It comes as no surprise that experienced (and even newbs like me) geeks are getting frustrated with the same topics coming up, over, and over again.

However, yesterday, just as an example, in the Hair Geek section there were 4 identical threads by 4 different people, at one point, 3 of them were all above each other.

However, I get your point that the search function is sometimes a little unhelpful!! :D

Again, said with respect and not to frighten off new questions. But people could save a lot of time and trouble for themselves by looking first.

PS _ I don't open threads I'm not interested, but it's respectful to others who are looking and answering to have done a bit of research first.

In some forums (language ones for example), you're expected to give your ideas first - or you get no help!! Brutal but true, then ask for help, maybe that would help sometimes?

Why don't people suggest things themselves and then see what responses they receive? It also is less frustrating if you are trying yourselves at least you're giving it a go!

Someone asked recently where all the experienced geeks had gone, and I said then, I believed they were a little frustrated with the same questions being asked. I stand by that. More so now than ever.

Last edited:
Bumpety-bump-bump-bump

People PLEASE use the search facility before asking the same question!!!!!

Do-not-get-frustrated-in-direct-sales.jpg

Can't stop laughing at that picture lol iv said before I think it should be a sticky xxx

I agree, there is a lot of the same questions on here!xxx

Sent from my HTC Desire S using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back