The Secret

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I brought this after reading about it on another thread

It's a great book to read and makes you feel really positive about things and now if I'm starting to feel a bit off track I read bits of it again and it gives me a bit of a boost ( if that makes sense lol)

Definitely worth buying :)

I found this while trying to search for more in life and it answered all my problems and made me realise that all "bad" in my life I had attracted and pretty much just sat there and asked for it to happen.

I think whether it's god answering prayers, angles guiding you or you using this law to attract things into your life is just how you interpret it.

I use it all the time and it always works. I believe and I also say thank you for my health and wealth every morning!! 😁

Happy reading/watching ❤️

Last edited:
I found this while trying to search for more in life and it answered all my problems and made me realise that all "bad" in my life I had attracted and pretty much just sat there and asked for it to happen.

I think whether it's god answering prays, angles guiding you or you using this law to attract things into your life is just how you interpret it.

I use it all the time and it always works. I believe and I also say thank you for my health and wealth every morning!! 😁

Happy reading/watching ❤️

I was just thinking its pretty similar to prayers. X

Sent from my ST23i using SalonGeek mobile app

View attachment 62992
This is the latest one my sister recommend xx

Is this book any good Lila? Looks interesting. I like the idea of the experiments. It's like being able to prove it to yourself if you're not a firm 100% believer.

Is this book any good Lila? Looks interesting. I like the idea of the experiments. It's like being able to prove it to yourself if you're not a firm 100% believer.

My sister just started it but said it's really good. You get little missions/tests.
I'll be buying it for sure.
When the secret came out I think was 2006 I remember her telling me about it and her husband would think the way they do.
They now live in a 7 bedroom house and are doing pretty well so I'm guessing thinking positive and what you want to achieve works! Xx

It does work I do it a lot, it's positive thinking, attracting what you want in life if you think positive you attract positivity if you think negative you will attract negativity. It's a good read. I have a wish list where I wrote down things that I would like and also a list for things I'm grateful for like my daughter, my husband, to be Alive etc

I was just thinking its pretty similar to prayers. X

I think the same ! But it works I've attracted a lot since doing it :)

I think the same ! But it works I've attracted a lot since doing it :)

My life certainly started looking up when I started talking to god again, but I do fancy reading this book

My life certainly started looking up when I started talking to god again, but I do fancy reading this book

Be good to read while your getting better, I would definitely recommend it xxx

Fantastic book! A friend recommended it to me and I haven't looked back :) I thought I was a pretty positive person but I realised after reading this I had been guilty of negative thinking! Sometimes stuff can get on top of me but this has helped me big time ;) x

My Oh has the secret app and has it set to 8.00pm it gives you a positive reading everyday xx

I have the book, the film and also Rhonda Byrnes next book but on cd called the power, I put it on when doing housework or little jobs and it is wonderful definitely recommend the power cd to all of you after watching and reading the secret. It's very uplifting and I have found the secret work for me in a few times of need and I'm a 100% believer! Xx

Was thinking about buying this book on the App Store, think its around €9.

I am having surgery tomorrow and feel like this will be really beneficial for me to look into reading during my recovery!

I was recommended this book, by Rhonda Byrne, and have been told it literally works wonders.

It involves asking the Universe for what you want - anything at all; wealth, love, health, and you will get it. This is all based on the Universal Law of Attraction. Like attracts like.

I'm a little bit sceptical, but eager to believe.

Has anyone else read this or, even better, experienced any miracles as a result of applying The Secret?

Xx

Saw the dvd when it first came out, in my opinion it is just pseudoscience. Maybe positive thinking is beneficial, but personally, I think critical thinking is evan more important.

For some people I think that they may feel more positive, and may attibute sucesses to it. For some people I think this type of thinking can actually be harmful. I don't like the 'blame the victim' element to it (if your thoughts attract everything into your life then surely that includes disease etc..?), and it raises questions in my mind, such as surely we could end poverty and world hunger if we just distibute the book around the world?

I have one friend that got right into it, in a cult-like way. Since watching the secret has gone on to spend £££s on different positive thinking books, dvds and courses. She is probably the most deeply unhappy person that I know.

Just my opinion - but you should make your own mind up :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm quite a positive person, and forever telling people off for being negative. But I'm for trying it and just brought it on an apt for my iPhone for daily readings and ordered the book....

(.. there is a line between being positive and being a big headed egotistical idiot tho ... Believe me iv met a few of those along my 41 years... Lol)

I did buy a book about 8 yrs ago called F*** it - the ultimate spiritual way - J Paskin
Similar thing - it puts things back into perspective and teaches you to breathe and relax and think '**** it' when things go wrong ... Does work as it's always been my favourite saying ... Lol ...
I Will have to dig it out again from my moms ... X

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 62992
This is the latest one my sister recommend xx

This book is really cool - I read it last month. It has a series of very simple experiments to do to prove the theory, and although I haven't done them all yet out of those I did all but 1 worked!

I am intrigued. As i have a few Wiccan friends and have learned a lot about asking the universe and giving out good attracting good i already naturally ask the universe for things, I have a saint cristopher in my car and ask that for safe journeys and parking but after reading this thread im curious. Might have to get this book myself. Thanks for sharing x

Sent from my GT-S5830i using SalonGeek mobile app

Saw the dvd when it first came out, in my opinion it is just pseudoscience. Maybe positive thinking is beneficial, but personally, I think critical thinking is evan more important.

For some people I think that they may feel more positive, and may attibute sucesses to it. For some people I think this type of thinking can actually be harmful. I don't like the 'blame the victim' element to it (if your thoughts attract everything into your life then surely that includes disease etc..?), and it raises questions in my mind, such as surely we could end poverty and world hunger if we just distibute the book around the world?

I have one friend that got right into it, in a cult-like way. Since watching the secret has gone on to spend £££s on different positive thinking books, dvds and courses. She is probably the most deeply unhappy person that I know.

Just my opinion - but you should make your own mind up :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I can see this. Someone once told me everything in my life including my ilness was my fault, that stung a bit as it's genetic so noting I can do about it. I think the important thing here is my attitude to my illness and how I cope.

Ok I've just downloaded the film. I'm not really in to stuff like this but I'm intrigued x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back