The ultimate hair rescue products?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dolled up

Reaction score
Hi geeks. Im looking for the ultimate hair rescue products. I've decided to have a break from my pre bonds for as long as I can and give my hair some attention. Its heavily bleached and in need of some love haha so far I have got - osmo deep conditioning mask that I keep on overnight, joico revitaliser, tigi elasticate, urban antidotes #2 & #3, dr organic 100% pure aragn oil, amargan oil and im waiting for my joico revitaluxe to be delivered. Is there anything else im missing off my list?

Also, can joico revitaluxe be left on overnight or is it best just to leave it on for 5 mins as it says? Thanks in advance xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek

Im trailing schwarzkopf fiber force at the moment and like it so far its quite new :-D

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek

i always recommend matrix instacure, i find it really strenghtens bleached hair. It is a leave in product... and it does last a long time for what you pay! xoxo

Thank you both! Wonderwoman- can you pm me the price of instacure as my suppliers dont stock matrix so will have to set up an account with them and havent got time today ): xx

Could be a bit pricey but well worth it. Macadamia Deep Hair .. Read the reviews :)
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Macadamia-D...&qid=1369847849&sr=8-3&keywords=macadamia+oil

All the others you messioned i have tryed and love to!

The best for me has always been Macadamia and any of the Goldwell conditioners.

Goodluck

I don't think that macadamia is that great! I use it like a regular condition I've had better treatments!

jocio do a 4 step treatment that's good! But strips any toner our your hair :(

I really like the redken extreme range x

Really... thats the first i've heard!! Jocio strips toner out of your hair? That can't be good!!

Also i almost forgot because its like 30pound for shampoo and conditioner! Love the TIGI range. Oatmeal and honey shampoo and conditioner! No sulphates!! Smells gorgeous!

Really... thats the first i've heard!! Jocio strips toner out of your hair? That can't be good!!

Also i almost forgot because its like 30pound for shampoo and conditioner! Love the TIGI range. Oatmeal and honey shampoo and conditioner! No sulphates!! Smells gorgeous!

The first step is a cleansing shampoo and as my hair is quite porous the toner just comes straight out :(

The tigi honey and oatmeal isn't out yet tho is it?

Thanks for all your recommendations geeks! Hopefully I can grow my hair now and not be tempted to put my extensions back in :) xx

Not so much a professional product, but for a natural alternative I swear by coconut oil; I leave it overnight; it's been good for my scalp and hair growth as well as conditioning my hair; I love it as a weekly treatment x

Redken extreme range is fab

Tbh I think you will be set with all the stuff you have already, the neat argan oil will wow you it melts in and is amazing for hair and skin. Also, if you arent already, switch to a sulfate free shampoo, no point undoing all the work of the conditioners if youre using sulfates. I use the affinage white ice moisture one and its nice and gentle but cleans well.

Be careful what hair oil you use, I'm blonde and always end up with ginger ends from the colour of the oil

My hair was seriously fried after bleaching and constant root touch ups when I was blonde. I tried everything K Pak, Macadamia oil, Redken products all of which didn't really get my hair back to it's pre-bleached state! I even let my boss do a 30 min steam treatment to no avail.
Then my friend who has the most gorgeous relaxed Afro hair gave me some Aphogee 2 minute reconstructor (left it on for 5mins on damp hair) and WOW never has my hair had so much life it was like new! So good that our salon now stock it for all reconstructive treatments! It's hard to find a supplier so we just order in bulk off an amazon trader. You can actually see how it has repaired each strand. Best of all it's about £7 a bottle. Give it a try!

Kerastase Bain De Force hair bath and Ciment Anti Usure. I swear by this when my hair is breaking. It aims to restore the intercellular cement which actually holds your hair fiver together, and basically fills in all them gaps to help seal back down split ends. They also do an in salon ritual which restores your hairs strength by up to 60% after one application, an stays in your hair for up to 5 cleanses. They also do a heat protective blow drying cream which deactivates on heat contact every time you use heat products on your hair inbetween washing. This is called Ciment Thermique. Hope it helps x

Tigi oatmeal and honey has been out for years! It's in a greeny blue bottle! You can buy it from tkmax, amazon ebay! I think it's quite an old version if Tigi though! I remember first buying it at salon international 6 years ago and then when searching it on there website can never see it!

Tigi oatmeal and honey has been out for years! It's in a greeny blue bottle! You can buy it from tkmax, amazon ebay! I think it's quite an old version if Tigi though! I remember first buying it at salon international 6 years ago and then when searching it on there website can never see it!

This is why I wont use it as it was discontinued ages ago and I dont fancy using something that's been kept in storage for years :/ they are re launching it soon tho :)

Alterna caviar clinical, excellent for encouraging healthier hair growth after extensions! Pricey but well worth it xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back