The ultimate pedicure experience?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know and I respect that but it comes across as a bit snobbish. I'm just thinking of others who will read that and think "I'm a bit crap at this"

Unfortunately it's a very competitive industry that we're in, and only the best succeed. If someone is feeling like they're a bit crap then they can take some of the great ideas from this thread and make their treatments better- which is the point of it. It's not snobbish at all, nor is it saying this is always the way it should be done and every other way is bad, it's just some ideas of how to make a treatment amazing for the client. It gets you more customers and loyalty :)

Cinders I have this chair in my room & would love to use it for pedis.. the trouble I have is the leg bits (where calfs rest) dont go straight down & i find the angle is wrong to be able to use a foot spa :(
Have you tried it yet? How do you get round it xx
I've only used it for gel toes and callus removal so far. I haven't been asked for a pedi in 2 years!
The bottom of the legs are removable and I've seen someone use it this way with the foot spa on a step.
The only downside is the height as I'm 5'1"
I bought a white metal step so it's easy to get up onto

Agree the eye mask if not horizontal would be a little odd lol

Which handcream do you use/retail Linzi? X
I use CND, so I have their citron lotion.

I also still have some scentsations thay my clients love.

I'm going to get knives thrown at me here but I don't get the point about this post? We all do pedicures differently but I feel this is a bit pretentious as it may make some therapists feel that they are not offering what they thought was the best if you get what I mean.
Why on earth would you get knives thrown at you for expressing a difference of opinion?

The thread is certainly not meant to be pretentious or snobbish at all. I simply want to give my clients the absolute best experience that I can - I'm a small, home-based business but that doesn't mean I need to languish behind the high street salons in terms of service and treatments.

Some people are perfectly happy with the way they do their treatments - and with good reason, I'm sure! That's fantastic and I'm not disparaging them at all. But I don't have colleagues to bounce ideas off, so that's why I asked my fellow pros on here.

You don't need to get it or use any of the ideas, but I hope that others have found the thread as useful as I have.

Linzi I just bought this chair and I'm really impressed with it. It's great for pedi's and reclines fully for beauty treatments and callus removal.
It is big and bulky and a pain to move but I push it into the corner when it's not reclined View attachment 204709
This looks absolutely fabulous! But i don't have room for anything that big at the moment :(

It's definitely on the mood board for when we move though! I love that it looks so professional and yet relaxing at the same time.

Course booked for week after next and 3 pedis already booked in! So I'm busy making notes and taking what I can from this thread to incorporate into my pedis.

Love the idea of using fresh lemons ... would this be covered by insurance as it's not a pro product? Not that a lemon can do much harm but still ...

A couple of people have said about using hot mitts or towels to remove a scrub ... in a salon you'd probably have a warming cabinet but does anyone have any tips how to achieve the same in a home based salon?

Course booked for week after next and 3 pedis already booked in! So I'm busy making notes and taking what I can from this thread to incorporate into my pedis.

Love the idea of using fresh lemons ... would this be covered by insurance as it's not a pro product? Not that a lemon can do much harm but still ...

A couple of people have said about using hot mitts or towels to remove a scrub ... in a salon you'd probably have a warming cabinet but does anyone have any tips how to achieve the same in a home based salon?
I've seen people store them in an insulated bag or a slow cooker.

I know and I respect that but it comes across as a bit snobbish. I'm just thinking of others who will read that and think "I'm a bit crap at this"

Some people may think I'm crap but I want to be better to excel... well Thats what this thread is all about !
Take what you like, use what you can ! :)

I've only used it for gel toes and callus removal so far. I haven't been asked for a pedi in 2 years!
The bottom of the legs are removable and I've seen someone use it this way with the foot spa on a step.
The only downside is the height as I'm 5'1"
I bought a white metal step so it's easy to get up onto

Ooh, imgoing to try & pop the legs off next week Its such a comfy chair! Ive had both waxing & lash clients nod off while on it so it would be fab for pedis.

I do loads of them. I Was thinking if switching to a waterless one with hot mits to remove etc, but my ladies like the soaking bit :( xx

I Was thinking if switching to a waterless one with hot mits to remove etc, but my ladies like the soaking bit :( xx

So ... if you use hot mitts you don't soak as well?

So ... if you use hot mitts you don't soak as well?

Well, i used to use towling mitts dipped in the pedi bowl to become hot (and damp lol) to wipe the products off lower legs while the tootsies were in the bowl but i was toying with the idea of no water at all.. so hot damp mits to remove products on feets nowhere near a bowl.

Does that make sense? Its late & im tired xx

Yes that makes sense to me :)

Do many of you offer dry pedis and do you think the client's expectations/experience and/or the treatment's effectiveness is compromised at all? I'm not suggesting that it is, just wondering and interested :) xx

I find that many of my clients need to have a good soak as part of their pedicure - it softens the nails before cutting and also helps with hard skin removal.
They like their soaking while I make them a cuppa. I think they would miss it if not on the treatment menu!

I offer:
Mini pedi - file & polish
Traditional pedi - standard routine inc soaking
Luxury pedi - with either hot mask, p. wax or hot oil
Shellac pedi - prep & Shellac polish (no soak)
Luxury shellac pedi

So... lots of choice for them!

I find that many of my clients need to have a good soak as part of their pedicure - it softens the nails before cutting and also helps with hard skin removal.
They like their soaking while I make them a cuppa. I think they would miss it if not on the treatment menu!

I offer:
Mini pedi - file & polish
Traditional pedi - standard routine inc soaking
Luxury pedi - with either hot mask, p. wax or hot oil
Shellac pedi - prep & Shellac polish (no soak)
Luxury shellac pedi

So... lots of choice for them!

I like the idea of the hot oil..

Your pedicures sound lovely. How much do you charge for your service if you don't mind me asking? Also how long does it take you?

My pedicures can take me upto and hour and half if they have particularly neglected feet and I charge £25, £30 with gel. which I think is too cheap now I am well established and with the use of all the products the profit margin is not as much as I would want for the hard work that pedicures take.

I charge:
Mini pedi: 15-20 mins max £6 (too cheap, I know but working on that!)
Traditional pedi: 45 - 60 mins £23
Luxury pedi: 50 - 75 mins £28
Shellac pedi: 45 mins £23 (or up to £30 with nail art)
Luxury shellac pedi: 60 mins £30 (or up to £37 with nail art)

Most of my clients have something else while they are in for a pedicure so I do that while their toes are drying which makes it more efficient £ per hour for you.

What do you do for the £6 pedi?

Sorry just seen above. I would just cut that off the price list x

Your pedicures sound lovely. How much do you charge for your service if you don't mind me asking? Also how long does it take you?

My pedicures can take me upto and hour and half if they have particularly neglected feet and I charge £25, £30 with gel. which I think is too cheap now I am well established and with the use of all the products the profit margin is not as much as I would want for the hard work that pedicures take.

I charge the same, £25 for a Spa Pedi which takes me an hour and £30 for a Shellac Spa Pedi which takes about 1.30-45. I might increase prices next year or if I start using more expensive products but for now it suits me and my clients :)

Just today I have had 4 people contact and book in for pedicures! The season is definitely here lol

Linzi I just bought this chair and I'm really impressed with it. It's great for pedi's and reclines fully for beauty treatments and callus removal.
It is big and bulky and a pain to move but I push it into the corner when it's not reclined View attachment 204709

I like the look of your chair Ciderella. When it's reclined fully, is it height adjustable and do the arms move? I really need to replace my ancient portable couch but I would have to be able to do facials, eye treatements and waxing on it as well. Do you think it would be suitable? I love the idea of having one multi-purpose couch and not having to accommodate a pedicure chair as well!

Latest posts

Back