The Wrist Saver - Nail Polish Shaker

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Angelaznailz

Reaction score
I've lost count of the times I say to clients..."I wish I had a machine to shake these bottles", whilst I am shaking for all I'm worth.
However seeing that I think I'll stick with wearing my arm out, I don't really have the space for another item in my workspace, it looks quite awkward and probably by time you strap it in and set it off you would have finished shaking anyway :wink2:

I bought the proshaker by izen a few weeks ago. I use it mainly with opi gel as they tend to require a fair bit of shaking but I do find it makes a huge difference with consistency and coverage. Wouldn't be without it now!

I've lost count of the times I say to clients..."I wish I had a machine to shake these bottles", whilst I am shaking for all I'm worth.
However seeing that I think I'll stick with wearing my arm out, I don't really have the space for another item in my workspace, it looks quite awkward and probably by time you strap it in and set it off you would have finished shaking anyway :wink2:

Well actually, I have had the Robard Shaker for a couple of years now as I was starting to get wrist/elbow problems which were getting quite bad.

Shaking bottles for 30 seconds many, many times a day was not good and I was in pain, so this was a absolute life-saver for me :)

.....although I am probably older than a lot of ladies here and a bit more decrepit :)

Was trying to save me from RSI on my wrist but have just read reviews of this product on (US) Amazon.
They are a bit mixed regarding its reliability, and that it's a bit noisy and moves about. However, all say its great when it works.
Hopefully they'll refine the machine as I like idea of it !

Was trying to save me from RSI on my wrist but have just read reviews of this product on (US) Amazon.
They are a bit mixed regarding its reliability, and that it's a bit noisy and moves about. However, all say its great when it works.
Hopefully they'll refine the machine as I like idea of it !

Have a look at the proshaker then
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00FEHYJBK/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1397030562&sr=8-1&pi=SY200_QL40
Only positive reviews (albeit only 2 as it's quite new!)

I never shake for 30 seconds unless I haven't used a colour for ages.

I tap and turn on the palm of my hand for maybe 10 seconds maximum and if you have done that once during the day then 5 seconds will do the job for other clients requesting the same colour during the same day ..... The pigments take hours to settle, so if you have shaken once during the day then they don't need much more if used again.

Never needed a polish shaker with Shellac and I've always used a raised pad under my working arm to support it, and had my chair at the right height for working .... After 30+ years I have no CT problems, no neck problems, no back problems no RSI problems.

From photos I see of many work stations it does bother me that so many are using unsuitable chairs, at the wrong height, and unsuitable tables or just plain working in un suitable conditions when working mobile.

No office would ask a secretary or PA to sit all day in anything other than a proper adjustable chair at a proper desk for working .... Why do nail technicians not think about that and use the right equipment for the job they are doing? It really is so important! I don't believe anyone has to have problems if they sit correctly and use the right equipment.

I don't have back neck, shoulder problems either as my desk, chair and seating position are all ergometrically correct.
However I broke my wrists years ago and I think I may have the start of arthritis. I don't want to acerbate the problem.

I purchased the iZen Proshaker a few months ago, and it is a great help to me. I was diagnosed with very bad tendonitis of the wrist 30 years ago right after I received my license. It was recommended that I pick another line of work. Of course, I didn't listen. Products like the iZen Proshaker make my day a little easier. It is a very heavy, quality piece of equipment - unlike the Robard Paint Shaker. The iZen is a big step up from the Robard shaker.

I purchased the iZen Proshaker a few months ago, and it is a great help to me. I was diagnosed with very bad tendonitis of the wrist 30 years ago right after I received my license. It was recommended that I pick another line of work. Of course, I didn't listen. Products like the iZen Proshaker make my day a little easier. It is a very heavy, quality piece of equipment - unlike the Robard Paint Shaker. The iZen is a big step up from the Robard shaker.

Thanks for replying.
It's just what I need. As soon as it's back in stock, I'll order it.
It looks as though it would also be great for glitter polishes that tend to settle if not used too often.
Thanks for the recommendation X

Great thread. Have you found a uk supplier for either of the shakers mentioned?
I went into the iZen site, and the postage to the uk is pretty high $183.07.

I was taught to simply roll my nail polish upside down against my palms for 10 -15 sec. Shake only if it's quite separated. I couldn't imagine the bubbles those little machines would create. :Scared: my nail polish would be chipping within a day!

I was taught to simply roll my nail polish upside down against my palms for 10 -15 sec. Shake only if it's quite separated. I couldn't imagine the bubbles those little machines would create. :Scared: my nail polish would be chipping within a day!

Because of the way the proshaker works it doesn't cause bubbles! Never had a single bubble, and if anything polish seems to be lasting longer!

It was tailormadenails that I bought mine from and had spent quite a while looking online. Maybe worth giving them a call to see when back in stock?

I've signed up for a stock notification
Can't wait now 😀

I have stopped using shellac and now use Gelish. However I did have the Robart Paint Shaker which I ordered from America as I have arthritis in my hands and wrists and it was absolutely brilliant! Did a great job and oh how it saved my hands. Obviously it is not needed normally I would say but if you have any problems it is a wonderful piece of equipment.:smack:

Last edited:
The iZen Proshaker does not seem to cause polishes to get bubbles. I think it is due to the rotation of the bottle on the machine - it goes around in a circle of sorts. This is a sophisticated, heavy duty little machine. I know you are not supposed to shake Gelish, but we put Gelish on the Proshaker all the time with no problems when it seems to need mixing. I think the Proshaker helps make Shellac polishes go on velvety smooth.

Our entire staff uses this machine constantly all day, and not by my urging. They just like the consistency of their polishes from using it - our regular Zoya polishes and all gel polishes. Just my humble and personal observations....

I made my own with a cheap jig saw and a g clamp where the blade would be, worked wonders but scared clients when I hefted up a jig saw he he he he he now I just shake by hand

Latest posts

Back