They are beginning to look like eyelash extensions!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ADiva1

Reaction score
My lashes are beginning to look normal(ish)! More work needed - watch this space. Throw some feed back at me you experienced lashers out there!!:hug:

Attachments

• IMG00180-20111125-1151(1).jpg
    IMG00180-20111125-1151(1).jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 605
Hi, well done for keeping on at it!!
What system are you using?
How many sets have you done?
Are you finding it easier as you do more sets?
Xx

Sorry forgot to add before I posted. They look good! Well done you xx

Hi, well done for keeping on at it!!
What system are you using?
How many sets have you done?
Are you finding it easier as you do more sets?
Xx

Hi thanks for having a look.
I trained with Lash Perfect in September.
That might have been my 9th set.
Yes, it is getting easier as I go along but slowly.

Doing Eyelash extensions remind me a little bit of nail extensions. You have to assess what you have to work with and customise the lashes to suit your clients's needs. It is tedious and I commend the professional Lash Techs out there (Elliebee where are you?:lol:).

I believe I would have been alot better if eyelash extensions were the only treatments I did. However, I do many other treatments. I do try to do at least a couple of sets per week. I didnt do any last week but I am hoping to do at least one set this week.

Do you do lash extensions at the moment????

They look truly lovely - i would be delighted if i was the client.

I too trained with Lashperfect, at the end of october, and i think im getting there. Have done loads of non-paying models, two hours a day, every single day inc sundays. I am a tragically slow learner but heyho gotta love a challenge!

What are your top tips? For what its worth, mine is to get the client to stop talking!!!

If i was in your area i would be booking myself in right now xxxxxx

They look truly lovely - i would be delighted if i was the client.

I too trained with Lashperfect, at the end of october, and i think im getting there. Have done loads of non-paying models, two hours a day, every single day inc sundays. I am a tragically slow learner but heyho gotta love a challenge!

What are your top tips? For what its worth, mine is to get the client to stop talking!!!

If i was in your area i would be booking myself in right now xxxxxx

Well done you - for doing a set everyday. I would LOVE to do that but the majority of my friends/clients/family work during the day. I'd rather do lashes during the day when I am not so tired. Why are you NOT charging??? Something to cover your expenses and for clients to appreciate your work would be good? I haven't done any of mine for free!

I am an awfully slow learner too, but we do get there many moons later, lol. The only top tip I have is never to give up. It is a difficult skill to master.

Things I do need to improve on:

Timing- I allocate 2 hours for a set. The preparation takes a while also, setting up everything before the client comes in. Preparing does shave off some time off the the treatment.

Glue - My glue dries fast (or I am too slow for it) - I am using flirties and just cannot go back to the training glue! I use a few blobs during a treatment.

I am gluing the lashes to the gel pads at times!!. I am assuming I am using too much glue here; or I need to lift the lashes off of the pad more.

Client's lashes - Like nails; it is what you have to work with. I had a 78 year old lady in for lashes the other day and didnt know where to start. She blinked all the way through and the lashes I applied looked like little spider legs. In the end I removed all of them - we had a good laugh about it. Lovely old lady...:lol:

Positioning - I have just invested in a posh couch and chair so that I can sit comforably whilst lashing. I am just so uncomfortable at the moment. The couch would be handy for all other treatments also.

Client's talking - Yes you are right about the talking. I had a client who shook whilst she was talking. I had to wait until she stopped to continue with her lashes. Another client was listening to an ebook whilst I was doing her lashes and expected me to enjoy it with her:eek:

Timing AGAIN - I had to tell off the hair stylists where I rent my room. They were timing me and were taking the mick out of how long I took!! Since they were told off no-body has mentioned my timing again.

Target - Sometime in the year 2012 (maybe December:lol:) I will be a brilliant lasher!!!

Last edited:
I love your spirit! Reminds me of me when I started off. Just recently, I posted an album on my facebook business page "Ms.DIVA, Professional Semi-Permanent Individual Eyelash Extensions, Cork" entitled "Same Client 1.5 years ago and today" Each set that you do will be an improvement on the next. Best advice I can give you at the moment is "less glue" Your sets will come out looking cleaner. Well done you!!! x

when can I have some - I can't do my own!! xx

I love your spirit! Reminds me of me when I started off. Just recently, I posted an album on my facebook business page "Ms.DIVA, Professional Semi-Permanent Individual Eyelash Extensions, Cork" entitled "Same Client 1.5 years ago and today" Each set that you do will be an improvement on the next. Best advice I can give you at the moment is "less glue" Your sets will come out looking cleaner. Well done you!!! x

Ah thanks hun.... about the glue. I just "donk" the entire lash in the glue. It never seems as if I have enough glue on. I really appreciate it and will try less glue next time....Thanks for letting me know there is hope too!

when can I have some - I can't do my own!! xx

Not just yet! I am sure you want your lashes to look better than the ones in that photo I posted!!!xx

(Elliebee where are you?:lol:).

I'm here! It's nice to feel wanted :hug:

I think those look fab for a 9th set - Well Done

However, I'm going to give some constructive criticism as I think that's much more helpful than just saying "Well Done" and leaving it at that.

You've obviously got a good technique. The lashes look well isolated and no stickies.

Try to make sure the lashes are sitting in the correct direction before moving on. A few on the right eye look a little untidy so it's important to get the correct placement. (maybe they just needed combed through)?

I would also say to get more filler lashes on. I know that when you start lashing, it's hard to get your head around the fact that you need to use shorter lashes, but trust me, if you fill, fill, fill, with shorter lashes, it will really fill out the lash line and stop the spidery look.

I'm still learning myself and am never completely happy with my sets. It's definitely an ongoing learning process.

Keep at it and good luck xx

Just read that back and I should have answered a few of your questions...

You said your glue is drying too fast? We were taught to swipe the glue and isolate with one set of tweezers (whilst holding the lash extension) I now isolate using both sets of tweezers and, when I've found a nice lash THEN I dip the extension in the glue. Means your glue isn;t drying while you're isolating.

If lashes are sticking to the pad, either lift the lid slightly at the start by using a bit of tape onto the brow, or just hold the lash up for a few seconds with your tweezers whilst waiting for the glue to dry. xx

Last edited:
Hi,

I really like your lashes, I trained with lash perfect and have done 1 case study and felt like giving up but im ging to continue,

I feel like the hardest part is choosing the lash length. I thought mine looked really long but when client opened her eyes they were barely showing.

May I ask what lengths most people use and thickness?

xx

I'm here! It's nice to feel wanted :hug:

I think those look fab for a 9th set - Well Done

However, I'm going to give some constructive criticism as I think that's much more helpful than just saying "Well Done" and leaving it at that.

You've obviously got a good technique. The lashes look well isolated and no stickies.

Try to make sure the lashes are sitting in the correct direction before moving on. A few on the right eye look a little untidy so it's important to get the correct placement. (maybe they just needed combed through)?

I would also say to get more filler lashes on. I know that when you start lashing, it's hard to get your head around the fact that you need to use shorter lashes, but trust me, if you fill, fill, fill, with shorter lashes, it will really fill out the lash line and stop the spidery look.

I'm still learning myself and am never completely happy with my sets. It's definitely an ongoing learning process.

Keep at it and good luck xx

Just read that back and I should have answered a few of your questions...

You said your glue is drying too fast? We were taught to swipe the glue and isolate with one set of tweezers (whilst holding the lash extension) I now isolate using both sets of tweezers and, when I've found a nice lash THEN I dip the extension in the glue. Means your glue isn;t drying while you're isolating.

If lashes are sticking to the pad, either lift the lid slightly at the start by using a bit of tape onto the brow, or just hold the lash up for a few seconds with your tweezers whilst waiting for the glue to dry. xx

Ha! There you are! Thank you for responding - knew I'd get some good feedback from you. To be honest, your tips from previous posts really helped me. So thanks again for all the useful advice. Yes, my lashes in the pic above do look untidy (right eye). I tried brushing but it may have been my application.....

Hi,

I really like your lashes, I trained with lash perfect and have done 1 case study and felt like giving up but im ging to continue,

I feel like the hardest part is choosing the lash length. I thought mine looked really long but when client opened her eyes they were barely showing.

May I ask what lengths most people use and thickness?

xx

Hi hunni dont give up. Everything seems really hard at first but keep trying. I know what you mean about choosing the lash length. If it wasnt for this site with some wonderful Geeks on here I would not be doing any of my treatments! Have a look at all of Elliebee's threads and you will get loads of information. She responded to this post - just find all of her responses to other threads and you will get loads of info...x

ADiva1,

Well done for making it this far, as it's far from easy. I've just completed my 15th set and with each set I can truly say their slowly improving.

Definite big thank u to ellibee some great advice and to u too for all your encouragement. Xx

My lashes are beginning to look normal(ish)! More work needed - watch this space. Throw some feed back at me you experienced lashers out there!!:hug:

Hi ADiva1, I recently completed my training and now getting the practice in. What a faff! lol. I'm enjoying it though. :) I'm really self critical, which you seem to be too. I think you're doing really well!

Hi elliebee, what length/thickness lashes do you use to fill?

I think they look really nice id agree you should concentrate on making sure they are all going in the same direction. But id be happy with these. I did fifty sets before i charged, two a day sometimes and loads since but i prob still use too much glue. Id be proud if i was you hun. They look lovely. What colour were her natural lashes xxx

Sent from my GT-S5670 using SalonGeek

Not just yet! I am sure you want your lashes to look better than the ones in that photo I posted!!!xx

you can practice on me when I come to see Zoe :) xx

Latest posts

Back