They just can't help themselves. GRRRR

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GEEKS_R_WE

Reaction score
I have a "friend" that gets her nails done all the time.
She thinks that this gives her authority to instruct/direct me when I am practising on her nails.

I am very open to feedback both negative and positive so that I can improve.

But this girl will look at each nail then take her hand away to pinch and pick.

She takes file out of my hand and instructs me because she says thats how she sees the nail tech do it on her.

She interferes and chooses the nail tips for me when I'm sizing up. (we had a debate about this and I proved her wrong.)

When it's time to polish she does one of her own hands first and then lets me finish of the hand that she can't do.

The whole concept of modelling; or at least I thought so was for me to practice on her and not for her to get the practice.

She's already ruined two of my brushes because she wanted to have a go. She thought it would be easy.

There are times when she comes round to use my table to do her own nails.(not liquid and powder since I've put my foot down when she ruined my brushes). She then starts filing and polishing in techniques that she has seen me do, so what's that all about?

I told her that if she wanted to learn there are courses available.

She has also started making plans for me can you believe it, and intimated that she could run the salon for me if I ever open one.

I don't want to sound too precious but I've invested a lot of money (that I don't have), time,sweat and tears for someone to come along and ride on my back.
I know everyone has to start from somewhere and I am happy to help her but she doesn't want my help because she thinks that she knows better

She is only treating you like this because you are allowing her to....:hug:....be firm...put your foot down and tell her to back off.

You are the nail tech (in training) is she wants be to become a nail tech then she can take her own course.

Find yourself a new model hun xx

She is only treating you like this because you are allowing her to....:hug:....be firm...put your foot down and tell her to back off.

You are the nail tech (in training) is she wants be to become a nail tech then she can take her own course.

I'm in total agreement, this girl is not doing anything to help you at all.

definitely find a different model Hun,
It is stressful enough when learning, all the filing techniques...remembering this and that...the last thing you need is this "untrained" woman poking her nose in while you are concentrating.

You have already had a word with her, so I really can't see there is anything else you can do other than sack her as a model babe :hug:

You really do need someone who will sit and just let you get on with it.
I know when I am practicing or concentrating hard on something, I go into a different "zone"
I need sometimes to just be allowed to stay in my own little world for a minute,

Even now I choose carefully who I practice on or who's nails I use when I just want a play...
you could hand apply the crown jewels to some peoples nails while hoovering, cooking tea, changing a nappy plus feeding the dog at the same time...and they still wouldn't appreciate the effort you are putting in :lol:

Thanks sweety. It will be a bit difficult to drop her because she classes herself as my friend and I do try to empathise as we all have to start from somewhere but enough is enough.
I've searched online for training colleges, given her prices and phone numbers (she has internet herself) but for some reason she's not willing to pay or travel. She's young,single and has no family commitments.
Told her that I can't train her because I'm not qualified to do so and could be causing more harm than good. But she still thinks she knows better.

Thanks sweety. It will be a bit difficult to drop her because she classes herself as my friend and I do try to empathise as we all have to start from somewhere but enough is enough.
I've searched online for training colleges, given her prices and phone numbers (she has internet herself) but for some reason she's not willing to pay or travel. She's young,single and has no family commitments.
Told her that I can't train her because I'm not qualified to do so and could be causing more harm than good. But she still thinks she knows better.
She doesn't though does she? If you feel you have to continue with her insist she touches nothing, no brushes, no files and no polish. With a bit of luck she'll soon get bored.

I'm in total agreement, this girl is not doing anything to help you at all.

Hear Hear ,i'm in total agreement aswell

She isn't doing anything to help you and if she is a true friend, then she wouldn't interrupt and let you do your work.

After all you are the one that's spent time and money training ...not her.

Just a thought, tell her you now need a different nail shape to practice on as you will be experiencing different nail types/shapes and requirements with every client and find yourself a good model/friend who will help you

All the best honey keep up the good work
xxx

Latest posts

Back