Thieving client???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louge

Reaction score
Im absolutuly gutted, I cant beleive that a client would steal from me!:cry: :evil: Ive just gone out to my salon to have a play and have searched everywhere high and low for my CND Custom Blending kit but its gone!

I went out last week to make up a mix for my mums nails as I had a spare half hour before a client, who turned up early. She was the last client that I have had in my salon (been a quiet week). Anyway during the appointment I had to go back into the house to get some coloured varnish so had to leave her unattended. After she had gone I didnt think anything of it as I had to go straight out to another appointment.

So today I have gone out and thought 'eh, wheres that gone?' I've even turned my house upside down in hope of finding it. I dont make a light decision of accusing someone but I cant find another explaination. (she had also txt to cancel her appointment for her toes and I havent heard from her since). I know that there is nothing I can do but I paid a lot of money for it and at the moment cant afford to replace it but need the colours, and its upset me that someone would even do this.

Emma that's awful, I know what you mean about not wanting to accuse, it's not a nice feeling to be ablet to point the finger, in fact you really really want you to be the one who got it wrong. But it does happen.

I know my retail stock like the back of my hand, and I had a couple of bits go missing. In the end I narrowed it down to this one client, and now I won't leave the room for any reason as I know something else will go again. It's definitely her and I am really saddened to think that she thinks it's okay to steal from me.

calm down - firstly are you 100% sure u haven't mislaid it??
2ndly could you not ring her and ask if she 'accidently' picked it up at her last appointment?? say how u hunted high and low etc and cant find it anywhere?? x

calm down - firstly are you 100% sure u haven't mislaid it??
2ndly could you not ring her and ask if she 'accidently' picked it up at her last appointment?? say how u hunted high and low etc and cant find it anywhere?? x

It would be kind of strange to phone and ask her about the stuff really, wont it? The first thing she is going to say is that it's no use to her, so why should she have it?

You can call her to see if she wants to rebook though.... see what reaction you get.

You just cant trust anyone - learn from the pricey mistake and dont leave anyone unattended Emma. X

Sorry Rachel, Im completely calm hun. Believe me i have checked, second checked and its gone. I had a tidy up of the house this week too so even with doulbe checking its gone.
She was a new client this was her second appointment and as Ive said she has cancelled her appointments with no reason given. I kept them in a white and transparent bag, so it is clear to see what is in it (24 little pots of powder. From memory she also came with a bag big enough. Im very maticulous about my products and stock so I know Im not going to see it again.
Cant think of any other explaination for it.

Dont worry Andrea I won't be doing that again. I knew her from school too.

true you are right andrea 100% - they will say just that - its no use to them - however i have had stuff go 'missing' and it turns out a client had just picked it up along with there stuff. x

oh you poor thing thats the worst. i have all my nail desings stuck on a board and clients have in the past actually picked them off and stolen them??!!! i mean what are you going to do with 1 nail with a design on it??!!!

anyway remember you can never be to careful no matter how good and innocent the client seems she might just be the one steeling from you!!!!!

lounge looks like unfortuately u may be right - im too trusting me and too blind to see the bad side of things.

u cant trust anyone now a days can u - what good are cb powders to her unless she is a fellow tech?? xx

Thats terrible, it's true you just cant trust some people.

What I dont understand is what is she going to do with it, if she only has the powder?

lounge looks like unfortuately u may be right - im too trusting me and too blind to see the bad side of things.

u cant trust anyone now a days can u - what good are cb powders to her unless she is a fellow tech?? xx

thinking the same!!

Exactly what I thought and tried to reason with myself over it. Impulse I suppose. I know she is a hair dresser but thats about it. I suppose I will have to start saving up for a new set. Thats the most annoying bit, I work hard for my money and most of it goes back into supplies, most of my clients have mixes made for them so ite really messed it up for me.

Why not put a wanted ad in Geekbay, you never know you might get one a bit cheaper off a fellow geek who doesn't use theirs.

I can feel for you I did a client a while back and packed up my things because I am mobile and left, Got to the next client only to discover that I had left 3 pots of gel behind. So I rang the first client to explain what I had done and I was Gobsmacked when she rang me back to say they weren't there :eek:
They were not in my car and I had used them on the first client so I knew she had them, I was so angry but couldn't demand to go into her home and check.

Thanks Sassy will do that now :hug:

The cheek of some people i dont know how they dare :mad: , have you got a contact number for her? if so i would call her or go to her house and say that you have cameras up and that you saw her take the stuff if she doesnt give it you back then you are contacting the police see what she has to say then. just a thought.

what a horrible thing to happen, makes you feel like asking them to leave their bags by the entrance etc.. flaming cheek of some people.

I knew her from school too.

sorry to hear that Emma, so you knew her from school, did she ever steal things in school? she might had this kind of history... never leave your clients on their own anymore babe:hug:

The cheek of some people i dont know how they dare :mad: , have you got a contact number for her? if so i would call her or go to her house and say that you have cameras up and that you saw her take the stuff if she doesnt give it you back then you are contacting the police see what she has to say then. just a thought.

hmm, and what if she hasn't taken it, or that it was a genuine mistake? I think the damage to someone's reputation for wrongfully accusing someone would far outweigh the cost of a custom blend kit. And if she had taken, do you think she'd own up?

maybe using them isn't her motive!

a certain place is ideal to turn it into cash and i'm sure thats whats going to happen to it.

really sorry for you:(. i know how upset i get if i just loose things but to think they might have been stolen thats worse.

as sassy said you might get one of geekbay and save a few pennies
:)

Latest posts

Back