Thieving client???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
end of the day its done now and I have learnt a valuable lesson from it. Dont leave clients unattended. Onwards and upwards eh. Thanks for all your comments

Aww Emma :hug:
I know what a sickening feeling it is when you find that people have betrayed your trust by stealing from you.
Ive also had products stolen when teaching. I had one class, just 8 women, all knew that I provided the bulk of my equipment myself, and it was quite far into the course when the product was stolen. I had felt we had a mutual respect ... obviously not.
Hope its not too long before you manage to get a new kit!

aw thats a really horrible thing to happen, i cant believe so many other geeks have had it happen to them too!!! its made me think!!!!!

Unfortunatley im not suprised that this has happened, because i have seen it happen before.

Not happened to me since ive been working for myself but where i used to work clients used to pinch clarins tester products all the time, sometimes within hours of the display going up !
Ive known people take stuff out of treatment rooms when they have been getting changed.

Its a sad world we live in and i think its even worse when someone steals of a one man band because they know that person has had to pay for it themself not a big company.

Hi there

Feel for you hun xx, happens more than we like to admit.
You can now display a sign that asks to check bags before they leave - or request bags be left in clients car[If parking is on your premise's]. The ones that have something to worry about will be the ones that moan.Others will understand.... Your studio your call.

At my last 1 - 2 - 1 a CND EA showed me a fantastic way to keep powders together & accounted for.
Clear perspex sheets with the powders glued to them[bottom of pot].Pretty hard to get off I'd say too. Have them cut/shaped to your design?

Mosaics/Perfect/Ultra/Solarnail/Custom blend & Metro's all on their own board.
They didnt seem overly bulky & were easily transported in a CND backpack, Great for mobile or home as they are all together & stackable.
Hope it turns up..! at the least it doesnt happen again.

HtH
XX J XX

yes mabey ring her to see if she wants to make a new appt
then mention "oooh by the way while im on the phone,i dont suppose you accidently picked up some of my products did you,when u last came to the salon?,im asking all clients ,a little easier than checking through all the cctv tapes!!!!!!!! "
this could work ..id also keep my eyes open for them on e-bay..they could end up on here of the person who took them doesnt have use for them

i never thought about this
thanks for mentionning your story
i ll be careful about that when i will start my mobile and home business
that s really sad that we can t trust anybody in this world

I would phone her to try and rebook ans aske her if she noticed your bag of powders around on your desk or anything while she was there. Then you aren't really directly accusing her of anything. See what kind of answer she gives you and go from there. Tell her how expensive this loss is to you and if she remeberd seeing it it would hewlp you find it.

That would at least put a bug in her ear and perhaps a little guilt might flood her system......(if it was her)

I'd let it go tbh and learn from it. Don't leave your clients unattended unless you know that you can trust them. I had a similar thing happen to me about 12 months ago, I left a client alone in my room while I took a phone call in the salon downstairs - about 6 of my varnishes vanished. I knew where they were but there was no point pursuing the matter.
Some people simply cannot be trusted, so you have to keep pretty vigilant about your products.
I totally understand how you feel:hug:

I'd let it go tbh and learn from it. Don't leave your clients unattended unless you know that you can trust them. I had a similar thing happen to me about 12 months ago, I left a client alone in my room while I took a phone call in the salon downstairs - about 6 of my varnishes vanished. I knew where they were but there was no point pursuing the matter.
Some people simply cannot be trusted, so you have to keep pretty vigilant about your products.
I totally understand how you feel:hug:

did you ever see the client again judy, was she bold enough to re book ?

Oh isnt it sad that this is the type of world we live in now.
You just cant trust anyone any more, if clients will nick your nail stuff then whats stopping them from nicking your personal belongings as well.
Its such a shame - I am really honest I hand in purses at the police station sunglasses to shop assistants when I have found them that sort of thing. I just presume that others do the same.

Such a shame that its not the case.

If she gets in touch to make a new appointment tell her that you have had to put your prices up due to theft of products which is affecting all your customer and her service will not cost her XXX amount.
Thats a polite way of saying I know what you did without laying the blame toatlly on her (just incase she didnt). xxx

did you ever see the client again judy, was she bold enough to re book ?

No and I didn't expect her to. She never used the sunbeds in the salon again either.

Like Judy said, let it go and learn fro the experience. Ive been polite in texting/leaving messages to all my clients explaining that Im going on holiday in two weeks so they may need to get their appointments in before I go. Needless to say she is the only one not requiring my services again!

that's to bad this happend ...unfortunatly you never know who to trust....could be she just likes to steal given the opertunity...
..I had a client once who stole toilet paper and feminine supplys out of the loo.....even to be as bold to take pictures off of my bathroom wall!:eek: ...so in the future I would just recomend never to leave a client alone unless you REALLY think they are trustworthy.....

Latest posts

Back