think ive broken a meta carpel!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luckybird21

Reaction score
not sure but i think ive broken a meta carpel.

got home from work and the dogs jumped at me to greet me, and my lab pushed my right hand into the door handle.:cry:

bloody hurts and i cant even pick up my glass!

the pain is shooting down my middle finger when i try to grip something.

its my bloody right hand aswell, (im right handed) and i've got a very full book this week! DOH!!!

heres to hoping its just bruised (although its not showing yet)

God damn dogs!!!!! LOL!

Heres hoping it is just a bruise and for a speedy recovery
Donna

ok medic head on again..............oh no joanne shut up, :irked:
get a lolly stick or something like it put it inbetween your bad finger and a good finger (fingers straight) and bandage them together, that should ease the pain and acts as a splint, but get it checked out.

I-ice
C-compression
E-elevate
i will shut up now but hope it helps :D

its not the finger, wish it was, it would be easier to sort, like you say by splint, its my actual hand, one of the meta carples. pain just shoots down my middle finger when i try to grip something.

thank you for trying to help tho!:hug:

when you fracture something you immobilise joints above and below the fracture..................fingers crossed for you hun,
so by applying the splint you are immobilising(metacarpal) the phalanges(above) and the carpals(below) if you get my jist :D you bandage the wrist aswell,
i would get it checked out if it is you usually treat (if i can remember) using a bookend plaster wich is a small plaster that is about 5cms width and goes from under to over your hand then bandaged,
sure you aint been fighting :wink2: boxers usually get this injury

joannerowsell said:
when you fracture something you immobilise joints above and below the fracture..................fingers crossed for you hun,
so by applying the splint you are immobilising(metacarpal) the phalanges(above) and the carpals(below) if you get my jist :D you bandage the wrist aswell,
i would get it checked out if it is you usually treat (if i can remember) using a bookend plaster wich is a small plaster that is about 5cms width and goes from under to over your hand then bandaged,
sure you aint been fighting :wink2: boxers usually get this injury

ohh, i get you know! DOH!!!

nah, havnt been fighting just attacked by dogs!

Sounds VERY painful!!! I wont add any medical advice but I think strapping it up sounds a good idea BUT................................

GO AND GET IT CHECKED OUT, even if it is just bruising at least you will know. Dont want to do more damage and end up not being able to do anything for longer!
icon_cry.gif

Hope its OK :)

Mich

was it broke? - i really hope not :cry:

That sounds so painful.

I'd cover it in arnica gel (great for bruises) then go and get checked.

Things always happen when you are busy

Emx

hi lucky bird hope your hand gets better

love your little video clip at the bottom
wish i had 1 but im 2blonde & wouldnt av a clue how 2 do it

Latest posts

Back