Thinking of getting Bio Sculpture to use alongside Shellac?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deedee84

Reaction score
Anyone already doing this or think bio will wipe out my shellac clients? Some have mentioned on here that brisa os rhe same as bio sculpture im lost and need advise ?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using SalonGeek

Hi, I use both bio and shellac and love them both for different reasons. It also depends what clients are looking for.

If you use shellac brisa lite would be better as the two systems can by used together. Also brisa lite is x10 times tougher and x5 times easier to remove.

I also use bio sculpture and shellac and find both equally as popular. Good to have Another option when a client doesn't get on with one of them.

Can you purchase Bio if you haven't done their course or will they accept manicure and gel qualifications? X

You have to do the bio course. It's not as easy as it seems, and theres different bio gels that are used in different ways. You really do need to do the course.

Anyone already doing this or think bio will wipe out my shellac clients? Some have mentioned on here that brisa os rhe same as bio sculpture im lost and need advise ?

I use Bio Sculpture & Gelish.

Bio Sculpture is great for clients who need more strength.

If you use shellac brisa lite would be better as the two systems can by used together. Also brisa lite is x10 times tougher and x5 times easier to remove.

bio sculpture and shellac can be used together and bio is easy to remove if it's applied as it should be. I can't comment on BL as I've not used it but I have plenty of clients who have bio sculpting as a base and shellac for colour choice.

bio sculpture and shellac can be used together and bio is easy to remove if it's applied as it should be. I can't comment on BL as I've not used it but I have plenty of clients who have bio sculpting as a base and shellac for colour choice.

I'm not say bio and shellac cannot be used together but surely if you were looking into a soak off gel and already use CND shellac, I know I would prefer to go for a product which has already been tested and compatible with CND shellac and research has went in to prove it removed easier and is tougher than any other soak off gel.

Can you purchase Bio if you haven't done their course or will they accept manicure and gel qualifications? X

They will accept Manicure qualifications for you to skip the mani day but no one can purchase Bio Sculpture products unless they have done the gel training days.

Sent from my HTC Desire using SalonGeek

With the addition of Brisa Lite Smoothing And Sculpting gel, you would have no need to use another system. Brisa Lite can give you the options to meet all your clients needs at a much more advantageous price to you and in my opinion a much quicker and efficient service for your clients.

If you have a need for stronger options for your clients, then use Brisa Lite and don't start a restaurant making 'sandwiches' with other products when all you need is in the system you already use.

Thanks Geeg

Just confused about the brisa as ive never done extentions or worked with gel so do I need to do brisa gel course? What is the advantages for the brisa lite is it harder wearing can clients paint over thee same as u can bio?

I currently use shellac and bio and as much as I used to love it, it's extremely expensive and can be a pain prescribing which gels to use for each client. I'll be switching to Brisa Lite within the next week or so which is exciting! Plus it goes hand in hand with shellac, so no need to buy a whole new collection of colours xx

If you already have experience with gel, you can do the bio conversion course. Xx

Thanks Geeg

Just confused about the Brisa as I've never done extensions or worked with gel so do I need to do Brisa gel course? What are the advantages for the Brisa Lite? Is it harder wearing can clients paint over the same as they can bio?

Everything about the 2 Brisa Lite gels is explained in the Brisa Lite thread and I do suggest you read it all --- there are many pages but you will learn loads.

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/...t-brisa-lite-removable-gel-answered-here.html

You do not have to do the Brisa Lite Smoothing gel class (but I would if I were you) because you only need to paint it on like Shellac ... this gel smooths the surface of the nail and adds extra strength for those who have damaged, thin weak or ridged nails. Yes you can add colour with Shellac or with normal polish.

If you are not enhancement trained then you absolutely need to have a class with the Brisa Lite removable Sculpting gel in order to lengthen and strengthen nails and provide enhancements for clients who need super-strength. Watching these should lessen your confusion.

BRISA LITE REMOVABLE SMOOTHING GEL - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjToFylZuHA&list=UU11OY9uVMrrw5hyzrYMzHvw&index=1

BRISA LITE REMOVEABLE SCULPTING GEL - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2juAbXbAGU

BRISA LITE REMOVAL - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPxbHzDFId8&list=UU11OY9uVMrrw5hyzrYMzHvw&index=2

I have in the past used Bio I was qualified with them however I have to say for me personally I prefer Brisa lite I wont be going back there is alot of reasons y i prefer the brisa as a product as well its just brilliant hope this helps ;-) x

Something to make you laugh .. it did me. :lol:

picture.php

I firstly used Shellac then because of the type of clients I had I moved over to OPI gel colour because at that time I got better results. My clients are mostly horsey people.

Then Brisa smoothing and sculpting came out and I re-invested in Shellac again and to be absolutely truthful I do far more shellac than OPI now.

It has so many more nail art options. Glitter lays better and smoother on shellac, and foils only stick to shellac and not OPI.

I will use my OPI up but to be honest from now on its Shellac all the way. Plus I cant stand having to carry around two different base and top coats, a separate bonder for OPI and loads and loads of colours. Shellac gives me so many layering options and with additives I really cant run out of colour options. xxxx

Thanks everyone and Geeg for the detail on brisa options I will take a look at the suggested thread.

What is everyone calling these new service?

Brisa?
Shellac gel?
Shellac strengthen?
Are they overlays?

How to word this new treatment in price list to clients

I've ordered BL smoothing and sculpting today! Looking forward to trying them out.

Latest posts

Back