Thinning/texturising scissors

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Natm

Reaction score
My thinners aren't as sharp and tip top anymore! And need some new ones. What do you all prefer single or double sided teeth? I had double sided teeth and love them but not sure what difference is? Xxxxx

Throw them away! I cant abide Thinning scissors, You can remove weight much better and without leaving that horrible line, by using your normal shears.
Yes, Im having an opinionated day. :|
xx

I never manage to leave a line at all with mine maybe im not so vicious with them. But i do agree if done properly you can have some fab results with your normal sheers x :D

I only ever thin out with my cutting scissors , I never got on with thinning scissors Xx

Hi I bought some texturing scissors from hair pro live in Manchester I love them had some fab results with them. Look it up on www. Scissorhands.co.uk I think that's the website I will check but it should come up. I had my hair cut off at Manchester as a demo for the scissors !!! Was very scared!lol I wouldn't want to be without them now makes life a lot easier.xxx

Thinning scissors can be used very effectively, as long as you understand the texture of the hair and desired result. If you twist the hair and don't just snip in one place, lines shouldn't be a problem.
I used single sided, but they take more hair out than double sided I feel. I need to get some for texturising less dense hair but haven't found any I like the feel of yet.

Hi I bought some texturing scissors from hair pro live in Manchester I love them had some fab results with them. Look it up on www. Scissorhands.co.uk I think that's the website I will check but it should come up. I had my hair cut off at Manchester as a demo for the scissors !!! Was very scared!lol I wouldn't want to be without them now makes life a lot easier.xxx

Services for this domain have been discontinued? can't get on it to see

Thinning scissors can be used very effectively, as long as you understand the texture of the hair and desired result. If you twist the hair and don't just snip in one place, lines shouldn't be a problem.
I used single sided, but they take more hair out than double sided I feel. I need to get some for texturising less dense hair but haven't found any I like the feel of yet.

Mine are single sided and i also twist and cut on an angle. I have seen results on people who have had there hair thinned by someone cutting it straight across and in my experience this is where you get lines :D

I absolutely love them just neef some new ones! Never had a line either xxx

I never got on with them lol Xx

Services for this domain have been discontinued? can't get on it to see

The website is scissorhands uk/ hairdressing scissors I've just been on it have a look they got some fab scissors with Demo.x

My thinners aren't as sharp and tip top anymore! And need some new ones. What do you all prefer single or double sided teeth? I had double sided teeth and love them but not sure what difference is? Xxxxx

Go for the double sided teeth and do twist the hair so you're not hacking off too much,i use them for blending in hair to hair extensions alot, fab!

If the hair is short and very thick, I find they're good for removing extra bulk. I cant say I often use them on womens hair, just men for a little blending or if they have tons of hair. A stylist I worked with used to use them to shape around the face (on womens hair). Never seen this done by anyone else, but she was a very good cutter and could never really fault her work.

I suppose its personal preference, and like many aspects of hairdressing, there isn't a right and wrong :) xxx

Latest posts

Back