This lifting is new to me.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TaylorMae

Reaction score
I'm having major listing issues and I've only had the nails on about a week. I've worn acrylics forever and I'm just not someone who gets lifting. I do all the aftercare and my old tech always loved me for it lol.

I gave a co-workers newly graduated nail tech friend a go and handed over £25 for a full set. I wasn't expecting master level nails or anything, but after day 3 I noticed my pinkie was lifting (odd since you'd think it would be a pointer or thumb to go first). I figured fine, I'll have her fix them when I get a fill. Now they all look dredfull, they make my fingers look haggard and weird. Even my B/F noticed they lookd weird and he NEVER notices my nails.

I mentioned this to my co-worker and got " Oh, yeah mine do that to but I rip them off after a few days, I never get fills, I only get em at x-mas and yank em off after":rolleyes: with her teeth she does this.

So after these nails are on me I find out that the tech has never actually had to do a fill before, cause no one she has applied them to has them on for more than a week anyway.

Okay fair enough, she's new, but I need someone to fix me! lol I just don't know if she'd have the know how needed to get rid of the lifting before a fill etc.( That sounds so bad I know)

Are there ANY Techs on the crawley/ifield/west sussex area that have any spaces free for a fill (probably with some heavy fileing involved with the lifted pockets and all) over the next week? I don't drive BTW so anyone mobile is a saint in my book. The Creative Academy is about half a mile from my workplace and they have a salon, I may try there...

I know it's x-mas and my god you guys are busy around the holidays, but I thought I'd try. I'm going to ring around on Monday morning to see if a salon has a spot open. The salon nearest me uses Star Nails, but I haven't read much good about them here, so I'm weary.

Any help at all would be fab :)

Sparklepink has a salon in Crawley, if I remember rightly the salon's called 'Polished'...
send her a private message and if she can't fit you in she will probably know of someone who could.

Sparklepink has a salon in Crawley, if I remember rightly the salon's called 'Polished'...
send her a private message and if she can't fit you in she will probably know of someone who could.

Sandi you were quick hunnio

yep your rite my salon is in Southgate, Crawley and it is called Polished ;)

I did think of her actually, but when I punched her into YELL and looked at the map, she's a bit far for me to catch a bus to :( I'd have to look at a bus map again though to make sure.

oooo sorry just reread the post.... im choca all next week :rolleyes: sorry!
but if you wanna give me a call at the salon on 01293 547 647 on monday... i can see if i can fit you in anywhere (prob be a late appt as in after 5) or if anyone cancels

hth

Jess
xox

I figured most would be pretty full. I work funny hours as well, I work 12pm until around 6 in Manor Royal, so I have mornings until about 11:00, (as I walk to work and it takes me about an hour to do that)free for any appointments I have or after work, but by 6-6:30 it's pretty late.

Thanks for checking though, :)

Other than the lifting problem,is there any damage to your nails,ie sorness or redness ?

LOL @ clients booking through the nail geek, maybe there's a new section on the horizon.
I hope you get it sorted out, theres some peeps in here that can look after you, but they were here before you made you initial choice of technician.

LOL @ clients booking through the nail geek, maybe there's a new section on the horizon.

Don't knock it, it works. I have a client from the Nail Geek as she was reading up on MMA. She came on looking for a tech in my area and hey presto 1 more client for me. And what's more she is a landlady in a pub and a few more clients have been welcomed into my merry flock!!!!

No damage that I can tell, they are not sore or red, just lifted and look like I've gone 6 weeks without a fill rather than a week lol.

what happened to your old technician?

Basicly, I worked for an airline for a year and a half, and the lady they employed to do the Cabin Crews' nails was aslo available to all airline employees to do theirs as well, but I moved on in September, so I've been trying to find someone since. She was fab and used The Edge tip and dip system, which I got on with really well.

I had nothing on my nails since Sept, as I had my previous tech soak my old set off since I knew I wouldn't be able to get a fill for ages and I didn't want them to get top heavy and snap off.

I had this friend of a co-workers over to do mine with the thinking that I'd get a fill at my usual time with a higher end salon later when my next paycheck come in, and at leats I'd have nails on for x-mas rather than my short little ones.

I didn't excpect expert nails or anything, but I also didn't really expect them to look quite so odd after just a week. Live and learn I suppose.

Basicly, I worked for an airline for a year and a half, and the lady they employed to do the Cabin Crews' nails was aslo available to all airline employees to do theirs as well, but I moved on in September, so I've been trying to find someone since. She was fab and used The Edge tip and dip system, which I got on with really well.

I had nothing on my nails since Sept, as I had my previous tech soak my old set off since I knew I wouldn't be able to get a fill for ages and I didn't want them to get top heavy and snap off.

I had this friend of a co-workers over to do mine with the thinking that I'd get a fill at my usual time with a higher end salon later when my next paycheck come in, and at leats I'd have nails on for x-mas rather than my short little ones.

I didn't excpect expert nails or anything, but I also didn't really expect them to look quite so odd after just a week. Live and learn I suppose.

Best to go to the experts always ... those with the reputation for excellence. Use a beginner and you will get beginner nails and beginner problems.

Thanks to all that replied.I managed to get a space at a creative salon in Crawley town centre that I didn't even know was there! Her number came up by chance while I was looking for the phone number of someplace else and taa daa!

I'm very pleased and have booked with her for my next appointment. I think this is the start to a beautiful partnership!

Thanks to all that replied.I managed to get a space at a creative salon in Crawley town centre that I didn't even know was there! Her number came up by chance while I was looking for the phone number of someplace else and taa daa!

I'm very pleased and have booked with her for my next appointment. I think this is the start to a beautiful partnership!

Let's hope so, but remember it is the technician who puts the magic into any product and not the product alone that makes a good set. It's best to go by the reputation of the technician rather than just the product he/she uses. If you get both a great technician and that person is using a great product then you are on a winner,

Best to go to the experts always ... those with the reputation for excellence. Use a beginner and you will get beginner nails and beginner problems.

Totally with you on this one Geeg. But just one question - how does a beginner get to be an expert if we dont recommend them? We all started somewhere.

Totally with you on this one Geeg. But just one question - how does a beginner get to be an expert if we dont recommend them? We all started somewhere.

No problem in going to beginners at all ... I had juniors working in my salon always, all I'm saying is, do not expect flawless nails. Expect the odd problem. You pay less for beginners ... the problems are the chance you take. Oh and another thing :lol: ... Always go back to the beginner and give him/her the chance to correct the problems and to learn from them. THAT is the whole point of the exercise.

Oh and another thing :lol: ... Always go back to the beginner and give him/her the chance to correct the problems and to learn from them. THAT is the whole point of the exercise.

So so true, I have been lucky enough to have had some wonderful clients who have been through lots of ups and downs with me while I have tried damn hard to become a great nail technician. I am getting there, but would not be if it weren't for the patience and staying power of them.

So so true, I have been lucky enough to have had some wonderful clients who have been through lots of ups and downs with me while I have tried damn hard to become a great nail technician. I am getting there, but would not be if it weren't for the patience and staying power of them.

This is why I feel that we should not discourage clients from going to newly trained techs as long we say to stick with them if things needs putting right.

I was not discouraging anyone form going to a beginner.

The poster wants perfect nails ... you do not go to a beginner if you want perfect ... you have to have realistic expectations.

Latest posts

Back