Threading Geeks

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bella_nails

Reaction score
Hi all,

I had my top lip threaded today, and i was very impressed! i was abit worried waxing it, so when i was out shopping the lady was free and could fit me in. i was very impressed with the technique aswell, and am thinking of doing a course myself to add to the list.
But....me and a friend were chatting about it not so long ago, and we were saying that asian ladies are brilliant at it and would we ever live up to how good they are? so i thought i would ask you all that are trained what you think.

Thanks peeps. x

Hi The reason they are so good at it as it has been part of their culture and some have been doing it from a very young age! However my friend is indian and she told me her and her sister could not do it at all! It is like anything - learn it correctly and build on that with experience! :)

I'm not Asian (English, with Polish and Welsh heritage!!), and i'm experienced in Threading. I love doing it, it took me ages to learn, and it was one of those really frustrating things where I hated doing it for a while initially...but if you persevere, and practise lots, you'll get the hang of it.
I absolutely love doing it now, and I don't list facial waxing anymore, just threading. My clients are always happy with the result, and love the fact that they get the same result as they would with waxing.
It's a skill to be mastered, but you'll feel happy you did it in the end!!! Go for it!
X

Thanks, thats what i thought. Practice makes perfect! just trying to find a course near me now. xx

i am going on a course soon!!!! cant wait

I trained in it last year and I'm so glad I did!

It has been extremely popular in my salon, and many of my clients have returned saying they prefer it to waxing, so I must be doing something right!:)

Go for it, good luck:hug:

Hi there,
I've never tried threading, it is something new to me, however, if I understood the contra~actions then I would be brave enough to have it done and go on a course. I don't understand how threading is done without catching the skin etc :irked: excuse my ignorance :lol:

I did a course on threading but i don't use this method at my clients..
Ok to be completely honest i found it really hard to move the thread through my fingers and stopped practicing! :cry:
I wish it was easier for me but apart from that, when i tried long ago to thread my upper lip myself it was sooooooooooo painful!
Dear God! :lol:
And i must say that i don't mind pain because i've been waxing myself for ages!:rolleyes:

I get my eyebrows threaded by a woman who comes from Afghanistan. She learnt it over there before she moved to Australia. It is the best that my eyebrows have ever looked and people comment on them. It is definately something that can be a great addition to your service because once people see the results, they won't want to go back to waxing.

Latest posts

Back