Threading left me covered with spots!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHarvey

Reaction score
I had my first go with HD brows the other day. I grew them for three week and so had loads to work with. I absolutely love the results except an now covered with spots! Tiny little White heads and my skin feels sore (has been 6 days!) I also had my upper lip threaded (ow!) and I now have a spotty tash!
I'm assuming it was the threading as have been plucking, waxing and tinting for years.

I love the Shape but a) Help me get rid of this rash and b) willit happen next time or is there anything they can do to prevent it? If not will have to go back to good old fashioned tweezers :-(

And yes I have posted in the wrong place grrrrrrrrrrrr

I had my first go with HD brows the other day. I grew them for three week and so had loads to work with. I absolutely love the results except an now covered with spots! Tiny little White heads and my skin feels sore (has been 6 days!) I also had my upper lip threaded (ow!) and I now have a spotty tash!
I'm assuming it was the threading as have been plucking, waxing and tinting for years.

I love the Shape but a) Help me get rid of this rash and b) willit happen next time or is there anything they can do to prevent it? If not will have to go back to good old fashioned tweezers :-(

Oh no, I have eyebrows threaded and do not have this problem, I also thread eyebrows and face and haven't had any thing like this happen :-(

I have my eyebrows threaded and i also thread my own top lip, I've never had it happen to me and I've been doing it quite a while, maybe they used the same piece of cotton that was used on someone else. X

I had my brows threaded when I did the training for HD Brows. I was exactly the same. I only had above my brows threaded but it was sore for days and I had a nice rash too.
I make sure that I just wax and tweeze now and won't have threading again!

Hi Ladies

White spots (pustules) sometimes occur if the therapist/client stretches the skin with unsanitised hands during the procedure or if they have used thread that hasn't been stored correctly and picked up dirt (ie has been bouncing around the bottom of a handbag - I've seen this! :eek: )

The same goes for touching the area afterwards. Hands must be clean.

Rashes and soreness is often down to the technique of the therapist or using the wrong type of thread.

Threading is gentle on the skin when done correctly, but saying that some people are just sensitive to any kind of hair removal so will always react.

Aloe vera, witch hazel and lavender oil are very good for healing.

This is a very 'bitty' post. Sorry! Hope you got some use out of it though! :)

it's happened to me twice, mine were spotty, red, and raised :(
Loved the shape though, il just have to stick to waxing x

I may try the HD bar in Leicester next time as the salon I went to was very unclear on where she did her hd training, claiming she used the HD techniques but wasn't HD trained. She did a great job of the shape but the spots are crazy sore :-(

I had the same problem when i waxed my top lip...never again..i looked like i had caught something lol. I do threading and haven't come across this with any of my clients. I dont tend to use any product on the skin afterwards I prefer just a cold compress if they are looking irritated going by the principle the pores are open and product will be getting in them and possibly causing the break out reaction.

She advised me to put foundation on to cover the redness which sounded strange...

Latest posts

Back