Tigi copyright, shall I move to them?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tigi claim there base shades are neutral, but i find them slightly warm, but never gingery. also i was told from the very start that tigi is lighter than most other colour houses. for example if someone was previously a 6 in wella u wud use 5 with tigi, and for grey coverage always go down one shade so if u want a 6 result use 5.
that was what i was taught when tigi creative was launched, so whether or not this goes for copywrite too im unsure. x

The copyright colour is very similar to loreal it's no longer a neutral base it's slightly blue based x

The copyright colour is very similar to loreal it's no longer a neutral base it's slightly blue based x

Hi Theden, you've tried the copyright colours ,and were not keen,what was it you didn't like? I've been right put off them now,thinking of cancelling demo day.I coloured over clients hair with my usual colour and 10 vol and it covered perfect. The other thing that puts me off is the opening cost ammount to go with them, and then having to order 30 odd colours each time to get them at a fair price.

ohh i see. i see you didnt like them? care to share? did u use tigi creative prior to the change or did u dislike it also?

Hi Theden, you've tried the copyright colours ,and were not keen,what was it you didn't like? I've been right put off them now,thinking of cancelling demo day.I coloured over clients hair with my usual colour and 10 vol and it covered perfect. The other thing that puts me off is the opening cost ammount to go with them, and then having to order 30 odd colours each time to get them at a fair price.

Hi Hun we tried them in my salon a few weeks back and weren't impressed by all means there a lot better than the old dot stuff but for example the grey coverage was fine when applied but after 2 washes they were as grey as ever same with the reds and also I didn't like the beeswax base all the models said it irritated and made it itch/tingle I also think there way overpriced for what they are we've since changed to loreal and even they work out cheaper than Tigi it's a shame as I was really excited about the concept but let down by the results.......also Im a little biased as I've had massive problems with the company personally I would never deal with them again and have since closed my account x

ohh i see. i see you didnt like them? care to share? did u use tigi creative prior to the change or did u dislike it also?

Hey yeah I used the creative range the only thing I didn't like about it was the coverage and limited colour choice( although for some of you mobile guys it would be fab not carrying a lot of dead stock around with you ) see my post above as to why I wasn't impressed x

Hey yeah I used the creative range the only thing I didn't like about it was the coverage and limited colour choice( although for some of you mobile guys it would be fab not carrying a lot of dead stock around with you ) see my post above as to why I wasn't impressed x
thanks :) i saw yeah, ive been using creative and agree on some grey it wasnt the best, but i just kept a small stock of wella bases for the few clients i had that it didnt work for. so do you feel that for someone who liked creative they will see improvement? x

thanks :) i saw yeah, ive been using creative and agree on some grey it wasnt the best, but i just kept a small stock of wella bases for the few clients i had that it didnt work for. so do you feel that for someone who liked creative they will see improvement? x

It's not so much an improvement it's nothing like the creative range the old colour was manufactured by someone else(basically Tigi said to some snobs in a lab make us some colour) were as copyright is invented and manufactured by Tigi so it's completely different in my opinion it's just the same as loreal but not as reliable and a much smaller more expensive range have you seen the opening orders for it yet? X

It's not so much an improvement it's nothing like the creative range the old colour was manufactured by someone else(basically Tigi said to some snobs in a lab make us some colour) were as copyright is invented and manufactured by Tigi so it's completely different in my opinion it's just the same as loreal but not as reliable and a much smaller more expensive range have you seen the opening orders for it yet? X
no but i have heard through the grapevine :S it so scary having to change :(

I use TIGI copyright colour and LOVE it. I used tigi P. since it came out and now am using the new copyright colour. LOVE it much more. If you mix the colour 1:1.5 you will get the gray coverage that you need. I find everything true to swatch and the shine is amazing. I haven't had one complaint from my clients yet. I do about 5-6 colour clients a day and everybody has been happy!:)

I use TIGI copyright colour and LOVE it. I used tigi P. since it came out and now am using the new copyright colour. LOVE it much more. If you mix the colour 1:1.5 you will get the gray coverage that you need. I find everything true to swatch and the shine is amazing. I haven't had one complaint from my clients yet. I do about 5-6 colour clients a day and everybody has been happy!:)

It was the educator who coloured my mums hair and she couldn't even get it to cover changed to loreal whacked a 5.32 on and bang covered first time and not budged!

Bases are neutral...they have to be or the whole mix your own colour wouldn't work.

Oh dear. tried another copyright on white hair 20g 6/0 10g 5/0 But did use 15 vol as when i use 20 vol with my usual colour on this client it comes out a bit gingery.
The outcome was very ginger and not covered. Will it be because i used 15 not 20 vol as they instruct .

To prevent ginger you would need to use some /8 or use 5/8 30ml to 5/0 10ml and use 20vol....they don't have 15vol x

We have been using tigi for about 2 years and it's been great but since it become copyright colour it's been a tad unpredictable!! Not good coverage, not accurate and even clear gloss lifting with 8.5% which we were told shouldn't happen! I think we won't keep them much longer I'm very disappointed :(

We have been using tigi for about 2 years and it's been great but since it become copyright colour it's been a tad unpredictable!! Not good coverage, not accurate and even clear gloss lifting with 8.5% which we were told shouldn't happen! I think we won't keep them much longer I'm very disappointed :(

My rep told me that's what it's designed for! The same as 10/0 and 100/0

Their is a new gear gloss coming out that don't lift, sometime this year.

Who is your rep?
Maybe try a new rep or a few courses, I've not found it unpredictable at all, as long as you know what your aiming for and measure accurately I've had no problems x

We were told it was a hero colour with 6% and up but not with 8.5%!!! And it lifted 3 shades how is that possible with 8.5% we have sent it all to tigi to investigate!!! I have asked rep if she was mistold information she has passed to us by mistake!!!!

And we use scales to weight it!!

We were told it was a hero colour with 6% and up but not with 8.5%!!! And it lifted 3 shades how is that possible with 8.5% we have sent it all to tigi to investigate!!! I have asked rep if she was mistold information she has passed to us by mistake!!!!

Ah I was told it would lift with anything! X

No way that's our rep then!! Still shouldn't lift so much with 8.5%!!! I've checked there techniqual Guide and it says all mix masters with 8.5% just deposit!! There is so cross info going on with them I think! X

No way that's our rep then!! Still shouldn't lift so much with 8.5%!!! I've checked there techniqual Guide and it says all mix masters with 8.5% just deposit!! There is so cross info going on with them I think! X

When I speak to my rep again I'll ask her again but I'd guess the guide is wrong, as I use 8.5 as my 10vol replacement...so it lifts with colour 1 shade, but it shouldn't lift 3 shades...or was it natural? X

Latest posts

Back