Time for change

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pocketdragon

Reaction score
Hey everyone, i think i've come up with a good idea ( doesnt happen often! )which may help those techs working close to nss salons.
I know we say we dont want their kind of clients and we dont see them as a threat but...but do we not think its time that instead of sitting back and ignoring it we should rise above it and start educating clients??? I dont mean run around telling everyone who will listen all the bad things of an nss, just add a paragraph to the bottom of your price lists saying something similiar;
The prices on this list reflect experience, professional training/qualifications and products of a safe high standard. The treatment is done by a professionally trained technician with a recognised qualification and has completed H & S qualifications in the industry.
The technician has also received training in the products relevant to this salon. As a result of this high standard we can also offer the aftercare advice and therefore give you a complete professional service.
Or something to that effect in. I think it highlights key points of what you should look for and what your paying for!

Personally, I think that is a good idea, it can't hurt and it might make people think twice. ALL my ladies are interested when I tell them the good and bad things to do to your nails and they are ALL interested in keeping them healthy with correct aftercare. x

Very good advice.

This is great its not slating anyone its being honest and explains it like it is!! I like this! Do u mind if I pinch it for when I start up? X

I think your explanation is GREAT! :)

Sorry what nss ?

Sorry what nss ?

NSS stand for Non Standard Salon -- it generally refers to salons that offer no sanitation, have deliterious nail practices and use non branded products.

Definately a good idea! Im still setting up and have already pre-designed leaflets and cards with my qualifications on and am also working on a website that goes into more details about my qualifications/experience and sterlisation techniques.

Its just finding the right wording, short, simple to the point! Im too good at waffle lol
x

Use it if you want, if you want to change the wording a little i dont mind at all! I'm going to use it on my leaflets etc, its a way of letting people know what they are paying the difference for without slating! Im just tired of professional techs having to feel undermined and like they have to compete where really there is no competition!
Time to turn the tables in the only way we know how...professionally and with dignity!!
Hazel xx

I think that is fab. Think I can speak for us all when I say that I gat so fed up of people who have been to NSS salons ad come to me with the old " extensions ruin your nails".

And it puts those annoying £5 Shellac"discount salons" under the same spotlight! Xx

Agree!! Was only saying this to a colleague a couple of days ago!! Xx

Brilliant. :biggrin:

Great minds must think alike...I have a very similar paragraph at the bottom of my service menu/price list as I am passionate about explaining(sometimes defending) my prices in comparison to the nss "salons"!

Absolutely love well done mrs very proffesional and straight to the point ;) ;) ;) xx

Totally agree as well.
I have been trying to do the same but didn't think to add the extra bit about the prices , so thank you X

I love this so much ! I have just put it on my new broshures on order :D great idea !

That's fabulous! I hope you don't mind if I pinch and edit a little for my own price lists.
Rhiannon x

Latest posts

Back