Time Management Spray tanning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wiggle

Reaction score
Hi, I'm have problems planning / booking appointments in a good 'time managed' way. How much time do most geeklings allow per appointment without travel?

In the salon I allow 15 mins per tan- this is because I have someone on reception to greet clients, as one client is getting dressed I'm getting the gun ready for the next etc.

However if I was working mobile I'd allow 30 mins. For set up, and also I feel that clients like to faff about in their own house!!

Absolutely right, some clients (but only some, luckily) most definitely like to faff about in their own house.... but I think this is one of the benefits to the client of having their tan in their own home... A few weeks ago a new client announced "I'm just going to walk the dog" while I was setting up!!!

One thing I always strive for, and that's to ensure the client feels they're getting their money's worth so I'd never want them to feel I'm hurrying them along. If I think I'm going to be tight on time, when taking the booking I'll always say "I can certainly do that time, as long as I can get to xxx by 7.30pm that should be absolutely fine" or something similar.

First-time clients require more time to allow for the consultation, then you'll be able to gauge how long you'll need for your regulars. I always allow 40 minutes for new single-appointment clients, less for regular single clients, but most of my appointments are for at least 2+ clients and I allow at least 10 minutes extra for each person.

You'll then have to work out how long it'll take to travel between clients' homes.

It'll all become apparent the more you do, good luck xx

Good advice :)

I allow half hour appointments at mine, as new clients always seem to get slightly nervous just before and are not in a rush to take off their clothes, and an hour when im going to somebodys house. It definately does not take me an hour, but clients sometimes like to talk.

Hi im a mobile therapist and i allow myself an hour for each appointment, that includes setting up, packing away, travelling there and to the next appointment plus obviously the spraying of the client. This always gives me plenty of time to chat with them and make it feel like a treat not rushing them through it. I've never been a fan of rushing my clients cuz it takes away the 'feeling pampered' element. So just take your time mastering your technique and speed will come later if you want it xx

Latest posts

Back