Time to change my car?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue Rose

Reaction score
I got my car last April. At the time it was 2 years old.

I'd only had the car 3 months when I get rear ended! Car duly went off to get fixed. Almost a year later, it got hit while I was minding my own business doing my food shop in Sainsbury's.

Car bumper gets fixed AGAIN.

2 months later, I get hit, this time in the side of the car. (2 car prangs in 15 months has not done my back any favours, at all :sad: The door & window were kaput & the front panel needed fixing aswell.

So, get my car back eventually. Cue 3/4 weeks later & on school run. Thanks to some silly bat parking illegally on double yellow lines, I didn't have enough room to pull into the passing space to let the oncoming traffic past & clipped her vehicle. Hers was a Transit van so no damage done. However, my door, wheel arch, & bumper are damaged!

Sooo not having a lot of luck with this car. I'm not generally superstitious but am beginning to think this car is jinxed.

My dilemma now is, do I get rid & get a new car or think that with my bad luck, keep this car just in case my collisions aren't over with for now.

What would you be inclined to do?

I would get rid! I think someone 'up there' is trying to tell you something! Lol

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using SalonGeek

Might have some bad ju-ju attached to it.

Oh god yeah I would get rid! This car is totally jinxed. And then if it keeps happening you will know its you whos jinxed lol! I hope not though :)

I would change it, you already have negative associations with it, be nice to start a fresh if you can.

I would change it, and possibly enquire about a refresher driving course!! :lol:

Just joking!!

I had an accident in my last car and I just lost all confidence in it and got rid. It might just be in the mind but I felt more confident again in a new/different car.

I would trade it in hun. As Skymark said, you have a lot of negative associations with it now, I'd start afresh (in a smaller car) ;D xx

My sister had a car that 4WDs kept crashing into. The first accident a 4WD ran a red light a T-Boned her. The last accident both my sisters were in the car which was rear ended by a 4WD running a red light and shoved her into the car in front as they were all stopped on the other side of the lights. Needless to say the car was written off.

I'd get rid of it. You have all that negative feeling attached to it now so just for your own piece of mind I'd get a new one. I imagine you're driving around waiting for the next accident to happen because of whats happened so far.

I honestly would get rid of it tbh. I mean for your own peace of mind atleast!
Ive had my car for 4 months and it has been in the garage 5 times and broke down once! When it broke down my clutch went so i nearly rammed into the back of someone but thankfully i handbraked an inch away from them.! I just dont feel safe in it anymore, im hoping to sell mine in january/febuary..

Latest posts

Back