Tinsel or no tinsel?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have tinsel in other parts of the house such as picture frames and things but not on the tree because I'm rubbish at placing it and then it looks like I'm strangling the tree

I have tinsel my 8 ft tree would look bare witgout it i only have 5 pieces of it and i sit very neatly on the edges a tree just aint a xmas tree without it x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

No tinsel ever touches 1 of my 4 Xmas trees! Baubles however we have over 1000!.... Don't ask! It takes a good week!

Aww I love tinsel! Not too much, mind. I decorated my Home Salon with it!

xxx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1355070527.434192.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1355070527.434192.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 127
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1355070538.958841.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1355070538.958841.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 124
And some more...

xxx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1355070656.988478.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1355070656.988478.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 125
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1355070670.330846.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1355070670.330846.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 119
No tinsel.....I think its old fashioned & it can look really tacky. I have a feather boa round the top my tree & a masquerade masque instead of a fairy:)

Attachments

• christmas tree 001.jpg
    christmas tree 001.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 200
I'm sorry but I hate hate hate tinsel, I think I have a phobia of it, really cannot stand the stuff xx

No tinsel for me! I have a huge box of it in the loft (with that special smell). Every year it comes out, with about 6 other boxes, and every year it goes back without being opened. :)

BTW - who sticks to the same design every year and who does something different when decorating the tree?

New design every year. This year is gold snowflakes. Not too many though. Need to replace them though, so brittle one drop and they break xoxo

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1355078602.035943.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1355078602.035943.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 111
Yes yes and yes to loads of tinsel. All 5 of our trees have lots of lights, tinsel and lamenta stuf.

Tinsel is wrapped around the stairs, on the window ledge. I dont think it looks tacky at all, its about colour and placement. and yes I am OCD.

No tinsel for me, but that's because i cover the tree with lametta. Our main tree is quite natural and classy, coppery, gold and brown colours, lots of baubles, snowflakes, pinecones and things.

I do decorate other areas of the house with tinsel though and i have a small 4ft tree in my bedroom which does have tinsel. It is a bright, sparkly tree...pink, blue, green, everything twinkling with two little snowman bell baubles holding plaques with mine and my bf's names on xx

I do like a traditional tree but really strongly dislike tinsel. To stop my tree looking bare, I have these long garlands of gold leaves that I wrap around instead of tinsel. I think it's kind of pretty if I do say so myself!!
:) x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1355093466.714823.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1355093466.714823.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 112
I do like a traditional tree but really strongly dislike tinsel. To stop my tree looking bare, I have these long garlands of gold leaves that I wrap around instead of tinsel. I think it's kind of pretty if I do say so myself!!
:) x

I do like very much. One year I cut holly from a bush locally and sprayed it gold to out on the tree.
I'm also loving how so many are going away from the traditional topper of a fairy or star. I have a large gold and clear acrylic lumps snowflake as my topper in the living room and a cream flower in the hallway xoxo

I don't like tinsel so we don't have any in the house.

This is our tree this year, I did the lights and then the kids aged 15, 9, 5 & 4 decorated it.

Christmastree2012.jpg

Christmastreedark2012.jpg

The were also chocolate baubles, santa's, stockings etc... put on there after this pic but they have eaten 99% them already lol.

No tinsel! I prefer the little beads on my tree!

Loving all the pics and comments !

It depends - on my white fake tree I like the minimalistic approach but if I have a real tree, I would use tinsel.

Eeeeew nooooooo!!! No tinsel for me lol! I hate tinsel!

We have a very traditional green tree with gold and red decorations! We have gold and red organza patterned ribbon that goes round the tree, lots of white lights (I hate coloured lights) and the odd candy cane, then red and gold baubles with the odd glittery decoration.

Even our wrapping paper has to match! Has to be red, gold or green! :) if someone gives us a present that is not wrapped in suitable paper, that present goes under the tree (but just to the back so it can't be seen hehehe) xxx

No tinsel in my house, beads and ribbon,

I have those gold snow flakes too

I HATE, HATE, HATE lametta!! But only because for my school prom, my hairdresser put some pink lametta in my birds nest hair do that she thought looked amazing. After she left, I cried so much, my mum was only allowed to take like 3 pictures before I hid from her evil camera!

We recently got an old tree and baubles from my mum and some baubles from my dad and his girlfriend, if anyones friends with me on facebook, they'll be able to see the pic of the tree!

Every year without fail, my mum always has a red and gold tree and decorations even though shes got thousands of white and blue, she says the white and blue looks far too cold, we went over the other day and helped her get the tree decs down and decorate the tree, I started putting the blue and white in a box for me and hubby and she was like excuse me, what are you doing? I just told her that shes too predictable so I was decorating her tree in red and gold and purple and taking the blue and white and she was like oh...am I getting that old that I'm that predictable? Hehe so new tree and decorations!! :D:D

Leanne
X

PS sorry about the essay!!

I love my house to look quite traditional but I'm not a tinsel fan myself x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1355530838.300237.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1355530838.300237.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 64

Latest posts

Back