Tips. Do you use clear, natural or white?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tammy BTN

Reaction score
Hiya,
I usually scuplt (l&p) but i'm trying to do more tips at the mo... always trying to improve different areas!
I have just converted to creative (woo!) and am fine with p&w but...
Do you use clear, natural or white tips? And why?

White tips - i don't really see the point as half my clients like natural and half white i'd have to stock up on 2 lots anyway.

I was going to try the Formation tips but wondered first if anyone thought clear were any good?

I've been using Star nails tips so far on the few clients i use them on. Revelation mainly. I tried Ultra Form but i didn't get on with them. They seemed really think and took ages to thin out and i ended up filing out the well anyway.
thanks
Tammy
xxxxxx

I use clear tips,i prefer the look on the underside of the nail hth's

I always use clear now when using gel. I use Creative Velocity Clear, I use natural velocity when doing acrylic and fibreglass. I used to sculpt mostly, but most of my clients now are nno and I have lost my confidence in sculpting. (must get myself some practise in)

I am dying to try out the new Creative ones, but am being very good until I have used the stock I have.

If I'm not scultping then I tend to use velocity natural, as I find they fit most clients.:)

I have most of the tips that creative do...(over enthusiastic buying when I first did my courses :lol:)

I have used mostly Velocity natural as I find these suit most of my clients. I use the Velocity clear for gels, though not to many as I have only recently finished training so don't do too many at the moment. I have never needed to use the other types (eclipse/formation etc yet!) and used some whites when I first started because they helped a bit with my smile lines.

I use natural tips generally, and I use all the forms i.e Formation, Eclipse and Velocity!
Clear is fab for bright white as it looks fab from underneath as Becki says, also great for some types of nail art and of course Brisa gel.

I never use white tips, dont see the point if you can do smiles!

xx

I use all sorts of tips tbh,

but for a good all rounder (for L&P) it would have to be velocity natural, for brisa,glitter and coloured tips the clear velocity xx

Fab thanks everyone. :green:
Well i'll be up to Ellisons tomorrow for some natural velocity then!

I saw a tip trial pack at one of the wholesalers so i might pick one up too for a play around.
xxx

Fab thanks everyone. :green:
Well i'll be up to Ellisons tomorrow for some natural velocity then!

I saw a tip trial pack at one of the wholesalers so i might pick one up too for a play around.
xxx
Please be aware though that Velocity are for nails with a dramatic 'C' and side Curve, so if this is the type of nail you are wanting to use them on great..... if not you may want to look into Eclipse or Formation.

Please be aware though that Velocity are for nails with a dramatic 'C' and side Curve, so if this is the type of nail you are wanting to use them on great..... if not you may want to look into Eclipse or Formation.

That's what i read on the box but since the posts so far say they suit most clients i figured it was just marketing schpiel....:eek:

ah well I'll just go and have a look at them...

thanks anyway.:green:
xxx

That's what i read on the box but since the posts so far say they suit most clients i figured it was just marketing schpiel....:eek:

ah well I'll just go and have a look at them...

thanks anyway.:green:
xxx

Definitely isn't marketing spiel, if I were to use these tips, they would either ping off, or could poss help towards onycholysis IMO. I imagine that they would also feel very uncomfortable on my nails as my nails are flat.

ok thanks. :green:

I'll buy them anyway and just sculpt any flatties for the time bieng and build up a colletion of tips as i go.

thanks again everyone.
x

Latest posts

Back