Tips for removing tint stains from fingernails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minniemouse

Reaction score
Anyone else have problems with tint stains on their nails? Obviously I always wear gloves when colouring and am not a messy worker but somehow i seem to end up with it on my nails.
Fancy getting a french manicure as fed up always waering dark colours when i go to get my shellac done but tint just makes my nails grubby looking!
has anyone found any secret ways of removing tint...over the yrs have tried the usual things lemon juice, perm neutraliser, denture whitening tabs, with no real success.

A bit of bleach on a cotton bud? Xoxo

Hair bleach or like domestos bleach?

Hair bleach powder mixed with water is good. Xx

I just go for domestos but hair bleach would b good.

Hair bleach is multi useful, had a wooden table a few years back and didn't like the colour so put hair bleach and 12% on it, it went through the varnish and bleached the wood to a gorgeous colour.
Bit worrying tho that it can lift varnish and still work, what's it could do to the hair by in trained ppl. Xoxo

I normally forget about my hands till Sunday then bleach the bathroom and my hands are back to normal and nails!! Lol I'm as high as a kite though after ;) x

I get acrylics and was fed up with going for dark colours. So I put clear nail polish over my nails then when that gets stained I tske it off with and Acetone free nail polish remover and then repaint. Now I don't have horrible off colour nails. Think I went a bit mad now though this time got light blue glitter tips with hot pink on the other bit then covered the WHOLE nail in glitter!

Great wil try some hair bleach when i get back in salon tomorrow. Thanks guys :)

if its staining on the top of the nails (I get this all the time) I use a nail file and buff the top layer off and boom!...brand new clean healthy looking nails underneath.

Latest posts

Back