Tips vs Sculpting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Divine Beauty Newcastle

Reaction score
Which do you prefer and why? What do the majority of your clients prefer?

I prefer to scuplt as I feel a lot of time is wasted in sizing the tips up and buffing + a sculptured nail is stronger than a tipped nail. I also use the reverse method which also reduces my time in scupting.

I prefer to offer both services. I love to do both services.

The fact is you need to know how to do both services.

a.) One service is not better than the other although one is cheaper for the technician than the other.

b.) These days especially using well-less tips one service is not quicker than the other either. An experienced technician takes no time at all to size tips correctly ... a minute or 2 at most, where as I see sculpted nails taking many much more time to file at the end of the service to get the perfect shape that a tip gives one automatically.

c.) One service is not really stronger than the other as if the tip is applied correctly, it is so thin that it really only acts as a template for the product. I have never seen more breakages with one service over the other.

d.) One service is not more beautiful than the other as if done well, you should not be able to tell by looking, whether a nail is sculpted on a tip or a form.

The majority of clients do not know what they prefer and take my recommendation. I make a recommendation on which service is the easiest for me to perform on their particular nails. If someone asks specifically for one service or the other .. I do it for them ... this is rare.

ive only just started my training but i really enjoy both methods ,they both have advantages.

i am concentrating more on tips for now till im confident then i'll move on to sculpting xx

I would love to sculpt more but I find tipping more sucessful where I live. I am seeing so much damage here from bad practice that tipping is often my only option.
The good thing is that I can size & pre-blend in good time now!!

Would like to gain more sculpting experience though.

I prefer to scuplt as I feel a lot of time is wasted in sizing the tips up and buffing + a sculptured nail is stronger than a tipped nail. I also use the reverse method which also reduces my time in scupting.

As with jamjams i am still training so am trying to do both, but most of my clients so far specifically ask for sculpts, which i only say no to if they have real bad nails.

when i was only a client myself, i HATED tips with a passion, maybee because of a bad experience but i refused to go anywhere near them, now i have learned to like them again.

can i ask what the reverse method is. i havnt heard of it before, and although i will concentrate on doing my nails the way i have been shown, it would be good to understand what this is for the future, thanks x

As far as a client's preference I've never had anyone in 10 years of doing nails ask me for sculpted or tips. They don't really care. The things they care about is that they look good and last. So doing what you are good at that makes the client happy is, in my opinion, all that matters.

Latest posts

Back