To those that are mobile

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissConfused

Reaction score
hello

can anybody answer a few 'what if...' questions reguarding being mobile?

as a mobile therapist do you go anywhere? eg. would you go to apartments/flats (with or with out a lift) knowing how much 'stuff' you have to take with you?

when a client phones up do you ask what kind of property they have eg. is it a house with no parking eg. double yellow lines outside or just road isn't wide enough to park on or permit holders only?

if you have to park in a carpark do you ask that the client reimburse you for parking fee? also, if it is permit holders only and client hasn't got one and the fews streets around are all the same then what do you do?

thank you in advance. x

hello

can anybody answer a few 'what if...' questions reguarding being mobile?

as a mobile therapist do you go anywhere? eg. would you go to apartments/flats (with or with out a lift) knowing how much 'stuff' you have to take with you?

when a client phones up do you ask what kind of property they have eg. is it a house with no parking eg. double yellow lines outside or just road isn't wide enough to park on or permit holders only?

if you have to park in a carpark do you ask that the client reimburse you for parking fee? also, if it is permit holders only and client hasn't got one and the fews streets around are all the same then what do you do?

thank you in advance. x

Hi,
I used to do mobile as well as work in a salon a few year ago and so thought I would tell you what I did/didn't do.

I didn't ask any of those questions tbh and I wouldn't ask for reimbursement for my own parking(not that I ever had to park in a car park,thankfully)

I did find it hard at times when I had to park halfway down the road and make several journeys backwards and forth with all my equipment.My back was always aching.

We dont have many flats at all in my area ,but I suppose if there were a lot around my area I would just get on with it.Well I wouldn't tbh hence why I stopped being mobile shortly after I started.But if it's something you enjoy doing(mobile I mean not lugging your equipment up and down stairs,lol)then I suppose it goes with the territory.

Its very hard work,and difficult to make as much money because of travellig times,setting up etc.I'm not trying to sound negative hun and sorry if I do,it's just what I found and I think it's something you either love or hate.

Please watch your back though.

Hi im mobile and have been, for a good few years, I do have the odd client in a flat, one story up, but most people are aware that things are difficult and will ask, parking a little way down the road can happen a fair bit, but i live where most of my clients are in villages so parking is not much of a prob, i guess a lot depends on if your town based or not, If i where you i would just see hjow it goes, if you find its getting difficult, then you can start asking people and being a bit more picky when your busy.:D

I dont ask about parking or type of house either.
I find that a good half of my clients live in flats, but most have lifts and if they dont, most are willing to help (I have devised good arm muscles lol).
I dont charge for parking costs, these are included in my pricings and I have never had to park THAT far away for me to worry about, if you did you could always double park-take your things in and then go and park (but I am a trusting person).

I work around Manchester alot and some apartments dont have parking, I do ask if they have parking if its an apartment if I have to park in a car park I ask them to cover the cost, this is because the car parks are expensive and it would make it not worth while for me to go and do a spray tan or infils etc the car parks are approx £5 for just up to a couple of hours, This is how I work it may not work the same in a different area. hths

hello i have been mobile for nearly a year now and i love it and i feel it does not seem like i am going to work!! yes the lugging equipment about can be a pain sometimes.

you proberly do not earn as much money! but then you do not have expenses such a rent electricity, i did have a salon and had to give it up because of the rent and electricity charges i now enjoy mobile and i actually have money for myself!!

i do not ask any of the questions on the phone to the clients as you experince the business you will learn to know what to ask your clients.

good luck with your new adventure hope you enjoy it as much as i do

Best Wishes
Hayley
Boutiques Mobile Beauty

Hiya

I'm mobile, I do have clients in flats, mostly converted houses in my experience. I do ask about parking as I'll usually factor in extra travel time if parkings a problem, and in London loads of streets have parking restrictions so its nice to get a heads up before I leave. I don't ask for parking expenses but if I have to travel through the congestion zone I do add that on to my bill.

hth :D

thank you all for your advice. i didn't expect there to be so much 'stuff' and certainly didn't expect all the 'stuff' to be as heavy as it is! those of you that are mobile, honest to god you must be so fit and well organised! i really hope that like you have all said i will know what to do about certain situations when the time comes to go mobile. until then i think i'll just keep worrying myself with 'what ifs...'
thank you again. x

i didn't expect there to be so much 'stuff' and certainly didn't expect all the 'stuff' to be as heavy as it is! those of you that are mobile, honest to god you must be so fit and well organised

I'm fairly new to it all myself and am mobile. I don't ask any of those questions and hadn't thought to so you opened my eyes! However, I am lucky that I am not in a city area and parking has, up until now, been free and available. I have one client in an apartment and I have to walk up with stuff. But what I do, is to know in advance what services I am doing and only take that equipment, so yes I suppose I have to be very organised. The big thing is that *I* live in an apartment upstairs and my starting point is lugging down the stairs! I am certainly getting fitter!! But organisation is key and carrying only what is needed. Difficult sometimes when a client says they would fancy this or that as well and I do not have the equipment but hey, it gets to be a further booking instead.

All fun and definitely worth it. But when anyone says our overheads are nothing I'd point out the direct costs of fuel .... and not being able to have as many clients in a day because of travel.

Latest posts

Back