Toe nail, not medical advice, just opinions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

becki x

Reaction score
I have tried to take a picture but you can't see what i mean.

As my toe nail is growing it has become extremely thick and bulbous ( new growth up to about half wau up) it's like a lump that continues into the matrix iykwim.

Any idea's as to what it could be,as far as i know i haven't damaged it and there is no discolouration or pain,but it is a very noticeable ridge/jump.

Thanks

Have you worn new shoes or boots recently, if they were a little tight the pressure could have caused this to happen hth :hug:

as far as i know i haven't damaged it and there is no discolouration or pain,but it is a very noticeable ridge/jump.

Thanks

Could you have perhaps damaged it a while back, and is just started to grow out now.

One of my big toes is black (bruised) i didnt notice it at all, till the other week, and i dont think ive dropped anything on it, not recently anyway. so many this could be the same thing thats happened with your toe.

:hug:

Becki this could possibly be down to the hormones in your pregnancy.

All my nails atm have a 'hump' for want of a better word and I am thinking this is down to an illness I had a little while ago, things like this can cause changes in your nails, you should find that once it has grown out they will be back to normal

xxx

Any humps or ridges going horizontally (sp?) are usually caused by pressure on the toenail. Usually from shoes being too tight at the toe and the nail being too long.

Now pregnancy does do a lot of things to our bodies so this is possible too. Any type of alteration of our bodies internally (whether from illness or medications and such) start showing in our hair, skin, and nails first. So this is a big possibility.

As long as it's growing out, tho, I wouldn't worry about it. Especially if there's no lifting of the toenail, discoloration, or pain.

And congrats on the new baby! I know you're excited. Good luck!

Thankyou all for your input :hug:

Well as for shoes,there's a good few months growth so it would have been flip flop weather(ish) lol

I haven't KNOWN i've damaged it but it's not growing out as much as that seems to be how it's growing from now iykwim ??????

Thanks again ladies xx

Latest posts

Back