Toe Separators

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Claire F

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
This is my first post - so apologies if this seems a silly question!
I am newly trained and working hard to build up my clients and hone my skills. I am finding that I am doing a number of pedicures and wondered what you use for toe separators. I have trained with the foam ones from OPI I never use mine more than once and am finding them quite pricey, annd do not have the storage to buy them in bulk.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!
xxx

I prefer the single toe separaters, myself. You use two per foot. I don't like the ones in a line. Does that make sense?

You could always use a paper towel twisted into a rope shape. I do think the foam ones LOOK more professional, though.

HTH and best of luck! :)

I use the little sausage foam packing inserts that you get in your deliveries, Cheap, easy to use and disposable.
Roll it between your fingers till its the size you need and stick them in between toes,
As you control the size they fit everyone, and are much more comfortable.
Its called recycling lol.
And its free!
Jen xxxx

Thanks guys, I know they look more professional - but it just seems such a waste!

I think I have some packing bits, and always have loo roll so might try them on a willing friend tonight!!

Much appreciated xxx

I use the little sausage foam packing inserts that you get in your deliveries, Cheap, easy to use and disposable.
Roll it between your fingers till its the size you need and stick them in between toes,
And its free!
Jen xxxx
Oooh like the white cheese wotsits you get in the S2 deliveries? May have to try that idea.

I use tissue or you can get toe rope, which works the same. more comfortable.

I use tissue or you can get toe rope, which works the same. more comfortable.

A girl from a Beauty Salon used tissue on me before whenever she was painting them for me, didn't think their was anything wrong with her doing that. I actually thought it was quite a clever idea :)

Oooh like the white cheese wotsits you get in the S2 deliveries? May have to try that idea.
Yep those are the ones, they are fabby! And sooooo comfortable. and toes are equally spaced apart without it being too painful.
Jen xxx

Thanks guys, I know they look more professional - but it just seems such a waste!

I think I have some packing bits, and always have loo roll so might try them on a willing friend tonight!!

Much appreciated xxx

Another thing you can do is for your regular customers, keep their file, buffer, toe separaters in a zip baggie with their name on it. Saves $$$... :)

I use the toe seperators from CND, but at college we used couch roll twisted up thinly which seemed to work just fine too.

Thank you all so much!

Will look into toe rope, tissue roll etc... much more economical and enviro :)

I was told not to reuse the separators due to the possibiliy of bacteria being passed each time - despite the same person, maybe I am being a little over cautious?

Thanks again,
Claire xxx

I do the same as deanosnana ... keep their toe separaters in a bag with the name of the client on it ...
But had never thought about using the sausage foam bits from packaging !! Liking the recycling idea though!!
I would use couch roll (but doesn't look great) rather than tissue paper though ... because if you ever work with gel the fibres from tissue paper causes havoc if it gets in the application !! :lol:

Maybe a little over cautious ... but as long as you spray with anti bacteria before you put them away I think that would be fine ... that is what I do xx

Maybe a little over cautious ... but as long as you spray with anti bacteria before you put them away I think that would be fine ... that is what I do xx

As I clean and sanitize my footbath, I also do the files, buffers, toe separaters, etc. :)

And its free!
Jen xxxx

lol What a brilliant idea.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh S2 might start charging for them & that could get expensive if its for each one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i use the long strip foam toe sepperators by creative they are fab and very comfotable! x

I just had my first pedicure class on monday and the tutor doesnt like using toe separators.What she told us to use is folded up tissue wrapped under and top of ur toes.This not costing much to just through away after use

hi i use the foam toe separators from sallys dont tend to shop there on a regular basis but they do sell a pack of 50 for about £5.00 so nice and cheap, but the idea of the white wotsits is great will be saving them in future !!!:)

I buy a box of tissues. Fold it in half and twist, it seems to be just the right size. I did have a pedicure the other day and she used bendy separators which were disposable, she got them from salon serve and said they were really cheap.

I don't know if you can order from priemer nail source.com or not. They are in the US. But their toe separators are cheap. Also, I wouldn't store things in sealed plastic bags, once they have been used, you'd be better off with something that can breath, as to not promote bacteria from growing.

Latest posts

Back