Toenail Gallery

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seanny

Reaction score
Hi guys, having been ever so gently pushed into it by the lovely Tricky (Vicky) I'm about to start a dedicated toenail gallery in The Nail Directory and I'm looking for some toenail pics. They can be anything you want, plain toes, painted nails, nailart...whatever, the only criterion is that they are toes......preferably attached to some feet. :)

Any pics that are used will be fully credited to the owner with a link back to your website if you have one, or you can include some personal info if you dont have a website.

As usual, you can send the pics on to me at [email protected]

Thanks in advance. :hug:

What a fab idea seanny !!! its definately time to get your feet out lol x x

Julez

ooh good , i took one i thought was quite nice the other day this is great news x

thanks girls, a bit of support is always appreciated.

Dont forget if anyone is sending pics, let me know if you want me to watermark them for you, if you do, let me know what text you'd like to use. I would really appreciate it if you could also include a very short description of whatever work was involved, just a sentence or two would be great.

Ive pm'd you :green:

Thanks Rachel, I've received your pics and they're great. I've actually got the gallery up and running now.

Toenail Art Gallery.

In answer to those PM's from several Geeks, no, I havent got a foot fetish.... not yet anyway. :wink2:

yeah right, seanny.....:wink2::wink2::wink2: we believe you.:lol: :lol:

great idea seanny!!!

In answer to those PM's from several Geeks, no, I havent got a foot fetish.... not yet anyway. :wink2:

I wish!!! I remember the days when I used to get a lovely foot rub whilst sitting watching the tv, nowadays he runs at the sight of my grubby feet! :eek:

Is there a closing date for you recieving the pics from us Seanny ?

I wish!!! I remember the days when I used to get a lovely foot rub whilst sitting watching the tv, nowadays he runs at the sight of my grubby feet! :eek:

I refuse to get drawn into the whole 'grubby feet' argument, I know I cant win. :)

Loubylou, absolutely no closing date hun. Send the pics when you have them, thanks in advance. :hug:

hi seanny i have sent in a couple of photos , hope they are good enough :lol: , its great you have done this coz i am going beserk at the moment doing toe nail art , :green: , although my atempts only extend to doing stickers and stuff :lol: , i aint no van gogh , xxxxx

Thx Dee, the pics are great.

Amanda, yours have been added too, thanks hun.

ricky, if you're looking in, could you get back to me with a few words of a description of your nails, thanks.

I refuse to get drawn into the whole 'grubby feet' argument, I know I cant win. :)

Loubylou, absolutely no closing date hun. Send the pics when you have them, thanks in advance. :hug:

Well that is good news, I've just taken about 5 photos of my lovely toes at the mo and they are all so bright, told my fella the camera is crap :rolleyes: of course it can't be anything to do with me!!

This could take a while, please bear with me. Teri x:hug:

Well that is good news, I've just taken about 5 photos of my lovely toes at the mo and they are all so bright, told my fella the camera is crap :rolleyes: of course it can't be anything to do with me!!

This could take a while, please bear with me. Teri x:hug:

No panic Teri, take your time. It mightnt hurt to have a quick read through a previous photography thread about how to establish whether or not your camera is or isnt capable of taking good pics. If you're trying to squeeze a new camera out of your fella, this thread might impede your plans. :)

No panic Teri, take your time. It mightnt hurt to have a quick read through a previous photography thread about how to establish whether or not your camera is or isnt capable of taking good pics. If you're trying to squeeze a new camera out of your fella, this thread might impede your plans. :)

Thanks Seanny, I have had a read through the above.

My main problem seems to be with the lighting side of things, my pics are always to bright and also if I try to zoom in on say 1 nail it goes all blurry and you can't see any detail whatsoever.

I have got a Canon Digital IXUS 50 is that a good one?? It cost enough!!

Teri x:hug:

what a fab idea i cat wait to see what comes of it

Thanks Seanny, I have had a read through the above.

My main problem seems to be with the lighting side of things, my pics are always to bright and also if I try to zoom in on say 1 nail it goes all blurry and you can't see any detail whatsoever.

I have got a Canon Digital IXUS 50 is that a good one?? It cost enough!!

Teri x:hug:

Teri, you can relax and at the same time save yourself a couple of hundred quid cos your camera is more than capable of taking high quality close-ups.

Here's the proof. I've taken the following shots with Jackie's camera, its a Canon IXUS 40 (slightly older than yours). I've taken two pics of a mobile phone sitting on out kitchen counter at 11.20PM, hardly an ideal time for taking pics, I'm sure you'll agree.

Here's the first pic, taken with Macro enabled, flash OFF, about 3 inches away from phone, no white balance set.

IMG_5311_th.jpg

Not too bad, eh? Its simple to improve on this though. In the second photo, I've set the White Balance to 'Auto' which incidentally seems to be very efficient on this model of Canon camera. Here's the 2nd photo:
IMG_5312_th.jpg

Notice the difference? The second pic looks exactly as it did when I took the photo. Again, macro is enabled, flash is OFF, camera about 3 inches away from phone, but this time White Balance is set to Auto.

To set the white balance to auto, make sure the camera is in 'camera' mode (not movie or playback mode) then press the center button in the middle of the circular button at the rear - then scroll down on left hand side to AWB and make sure its set at auto. Nothing more complicated than that.

The photos above are both cropped so that we're not using too many resources here in Geek. If anyone wants to see the full size pic (Its pretty big) you can view it by clicking on the link below. Dont forget, your browser may reduce it in size so that you can see the full thing, click on it again with your magnifying glass cursor.

Becca-Boo, the gallery is already up and running and available to view over at The Toenail Art Gallery

I must just point out that the phone he is using as a 'model' is an old thing that has been hanging around getting dusty and full of dog hairs...... you'd have thought he'd have given it a bit of a wipe over before photographing it and posting it for the world to see!:eek:

Jackie

It's Jackie's 'top o' the range' phone. Straight out of her handbag. *LOL*

Latest posts

Back