Toenails or lack of!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LucyDodds

Reaction score
:confused:Hi,

One of my customers has left me a bit of a challenge. She had her big toenails removed about twenty years ago because they were ingrowing, so out they came, roots and all. She was asking if there was anything i could do to them l&p-wise, i.e. sculpt them. I said, probably not as there isn't any nail at all to attach it to and hold it on. However, is there anything? Said i'd give you lot a try, see if anyone had any inspiration. There is absolutely no nail there, just a tucked in bit of skin where the stiches would have been. Please help!

You can make her a nail out of L&P and retail some gel bond for her to attach it with,
Gigi did a thread all about how to do this but i cant find it for you now as i have to leave for work but im sure one of the kind geeks will post a link for you hth :hug:

I have taken the following information from a previous thread this reply was written by Gigi if you do a search you will find loads of posts which after reading you can make an informed decision on how you want to proceed with your client.

Sorry mod`s I don't know how to post a link ( so just copied & pasted I will read up on it) so hope its ok to quote someone as I have done.

Quote Gigi
"What you CAN do (and this is fun) is to fashion her a nail from liquid and powder ... on her toe .... that she can wear and re-use for when she has a special event. With GelBond, the nail will adhere to the skin for a couple of days or more and no worries about overexposure because GelBond is a pharmaceutical grade of resin made for use on the skin.

She can apply it herself whenever she wants to. In fact you could make several nails with different designs for her so she can ring the changes!!"

Latest posts

Back