Toner for bleached blonde hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

julietrichards

Reaction score
What's the best toner anyone has used these days. It's for very light bleached woven highlights and hair that is quite damaged and porous. I just want it to be nice and sort of silvery bright but not like the youngsters seem to have, that grey look! Just a nice platinum clean colour just to take the edge off the bleachy colour. It is as light as it'll go though, very light. Just need something subtle. Any new ideas??? Thanks:idea::lol:

wella do a great toner which is not mixed with peroxide at all and comes in an aplicator bottle although i still like to use a brush and bowl, its in their silver range its colour fresh in either 0/6 violet or 8/81 light pearl ash they are very subtle and do not grab...they are in most sally's hth

isn't an 8 base quite a dark blonde? I'm so nervous of toners, i've had dissasters years ago when everyone wanted bleached hair.

Where is "Sally's range" on here then?

Where is "Sally's range" on here then?

Hi, if you are worried about it and need a gentle toner,
then opt for the 0/6 one in colour fresh as Joanne suggests its lovely 10 mins on roots of pre washed hair then take through to ends , it will just take very pre lightened hair to a platinum blonde with no grab ,

can only get this link to work for some reason :) x minky

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&so...+wella&usg=AFQjCNHGyf84VeP-uvIYRkAq4vze6om19A

and here is sallys too

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&so...+hair+&usg=AFQjCNEKxhFic6eagTV5EtS5lYk2xbcCRQ

Last edited:
salls isnt a range its a salon wholesaler which can be found in most highstreets...

Many thanks, i'll try it. We don't have a shop like that in cornwall but i can get it in my local wholesalers i think.

i like matrix spv ( special pastel voilet) i use it with developer, and it takes away unwanted warm tones xxx

I used the 0.6 Wella Colorfresh today. I left it on for 10 mins but it did nothing except make my hair dull and lifeless! :cry:

I used the 0.6 Wella Colorfresh today. I left it on for 10 mins but it did nothing except make my hair dull and lifeless! :cry:

can you run us through your application process that you did from start to finish just in case we can help you trouble shoot ?

Also I would definitely get in touch with Wella and their helpline for professional hairdressers ,
because this should have made your hair beautifully translucently shiny indeed

Here is the Wella Helpline do let us know ? as this is a very unusual thing to happen x minky

Expert help is just a phone call away. The Wella Advisory Helpline is a service giving you fast access to top technicians. Whatever you want to know about using Wella products – from a query about a new product, to a major colour correction – the Wella Advisory team can deliver quick, comprehensive answers. Movement, colour, style – our experts can tell you all you need to know.

The Helpline is available from 9.00am to 5.15pm, Monday to Friday. If the phone lines are busy, you can leave your telephone number and we will call you back.

For fast, friendly, expert help, the number you require is: 0845 704 5775

Alternatively please email for technical hairdressing advice through the Wella website: www.wella.co.uk/contactus
ecblank.gif

Thanks but i'm not going to bother with all that.it's not going to change things, it just wasn't right for me, can't please everyone. It's a simple enough proces. It's not as shiny as my other products plus it made my hair flat as a pancake! Maybe better on courser hair as mine's finer. It just looked a murky colour, even if i took it off sdooner i think it just dulls it.

That was supposed to read "sooner". My fingers typed it wrong!

Oh god my spelling's bad today, you don't need to tell me all the mistakes, it's been a LONG day!

Thanks but i'm not going to bother with all that.it's not going to change things, it just wasn't right for me, can't please everyone. It's a simple enough proces. It's not as shiny as my other products plus it made my hair flat as a pancake! Maybe better on courser hair as mine's finer. It just looked a murky colour, even if i took it off sdooner i think it just dulls it.

Hi, didn't you do any of the usual test pieces first ? to eliminates the guesswork .....
maybe this is the best way forwards for you in the future especially if your unsure at all with a clients colour
or even for your own hair ,

:hug: x minky

Loreal iced milkshake is what i use and it lifts to a lovely colour every time!:)

Latest posts

Back