Tongue Piercings????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the tip hun!!!

I'll have to print them all off for me, for wen I get it done so I can remember!!!!

xxxx

LOL no bother - the peircer should give you an aftercare leaflet anyway

hi again!!!

Where can you get nice pink tongue bars from guys, anyone got any ideas???

Your piercer should have a selection of jewellery, so you could get one from there. My friend gets hers from www.jazzitupjewellery.co.uk sometimes.

You won't get chipped teeth if you go for PMFK bar and hard plastic balls btw, although you said you wanted a pink stone, but that'll thread on to a PMFK bar fine.

Don't drink before you have it done and don't be tempted to take any painkillers, as these will thin the blood and therefore you'll bleed more and for longer when your tongue gets pierced.

Good luck and stock up on plenty of Haagen Dazs

Ive never had the courage, but my best friend does although she drives me mad rattling the bar along her front teeth. She's had it six years and still no shipped teeth.

With regards to it being off putting to clients, I suppose it could be but my tutor Linn has her tongue pierced and it was weeks before I even realized. Also, my friend has a clear ball she can put on her bar instead of the usual ones so that for work (she's a veterinary nurse and anesthetist) it doesn't really show. I'm not personally put off by piercings or tattoo's (I'd be a bit of a hypocrite if I was) but I dislike those labret and cheek piercing.

mand778 said:
Hiya!!!

Just wandering what everyone thought of tounge piercings???

If anyone's got it done, can they remember having it done and did it hurt?? lol any experiences would be good!

I'm tempted to get it done, but, I'm scared!!!!

thanks everyone!!!!

xxxxx

did you get tongue pierced or have you changed your mind?

I have my tongue pierced , my lip , my nose , my belly and never had problems with it
when I did the tongue ,afterwords went out for dinner spicy and had no problems at all.
:)

i had mine done 2 years ago, and love it!

Didnt hurt when i had it done, hurt after when it swelled up tho, but within 3-4 days it was fine.

If your thinking of having it done, get some zinc tablets as they promote quick healing, worked wonders with me.

Oh and mine didnt bleed at all so dont worry too much about that!
xx:lol:

I took alot of vitamin C after they pierced it for about 4 weeks.

Hiya!

I have not had it done yet, me and my friend are going to have a chat to the piercers on monday, I don't want to rush into anything!!! want to get all the facts!!

all your posts are great, I really appreciate them all!!!

I'll let you know if I make any decisions after monday. lol!!

xxxxx

hey mand
did you have your tongue done then? i had mine done saturday :irked: living on soup at the min:rolleyes: xx

i had my tongue done 9 years ago its still in. it didnt hurt and i only had a little swelling cause they told me to buy arnica tablets from boots to help with the swelling i ate a gammon steak dinner that night so had no problems with it. never chipped a tooth and i have even took it out for a few months thinking i was too old for it now (only 27) but decided i missed it and went back to the shop and they put it back in it didnt close totally so it was easy.

have you ever had the top of your ear done??? i have and put it this way if i had to choose between a tongue piercing and the top ear piercing i would definately choose the tongue it was a million times less painful.

angela

hi guys!!

I've still not plucked up the courage, everyone I speak to is putting me off with horror stories etc. and my mums a nurse, and you can probly guess wot she sed!!!
who knows, i may be brave in the not to distant future!! lol:lol:

hi lv everyone told me all the do's and dont's but i still went and got it done :green: been wanting it done for years now but was to scared but saturday i fort i was brave so i did it at the last min then i couldnt back out! so far so good and the swelling has gone down a bit now still talk funny lol still living on soup oh and lost weight too, hopefully by next week i will be brave enough to eat a nice hot curry ohhh cant wait :green: dont let no one put you off lv its your tongue and you have to put up with it not anyone else so only you can decide xxx take care

thanks chicken, :hug:

xxxxxx

hi.
I got my tounge piercing when i was 16.It didnt hurt that bad,but you cant really eat or talk normal for at least a week..lol..

yes it hurt for about 2 wks and i couldnt eat but 8years down the line im glad i got it done....just worked out how long ive had it for lol feel old now!!

I had mine done bout a yr n a half ago and im a wimp when it comes to pain!

It's nothin like people make it out to be i personally think! Apparently i only got a little tongue to the bloke that peirced it had to use a smaller bad, it wasnt numbed at all (i dont think they do do they?) and it wasnt near as painful as i thought. I felt pressure and it felt a little weird when I felt the bar go thru but I think alot of people worry about the clamp and needles. I closed my eyes so i couldnt see any of it!! lol (Told ya I'm a wimp!)

Straight after havin it done i made sure I drank bucketloads of water cuz my mouth felt dry a little for bout a week afterwards. I had a mcdonalds (cheeseburger and chips!) 20 mins after having it done and all that salt on the chips must've done the trick cuz i had no swelling and no bleeding and not much pain!
Also if you do get it done I used the neurofen meltlets that i disolved on my tongue and that worked a treat! (Still got that "lisp" for a couple of days after tho! he he)

If you really want it done then I'd say go for it! I never regretted it at all and I get compliments bout it when i meet anyone new!
I agree when people say you either love tongue peircings or hate them!

Dont be scared at all its not nearly half as bad as you may think!

Hi,

Had mine done couple of months ago! I wanted it done for ages then thought sod it i'm going in. Absolutely cacking myself!!!!! She asked me to wash my mouth out with antibacterial mouthwash and that was it. I thought they sprayed it with a numbing thing. N e way, out cam the needle and the clamp. That was it all done. Didn't hurt really, more uncomfortable than n e thing! Quite a bit of blood though. They put a massive bar in and told me to come back in 4 days to have it changed for a smaller one.

I lived on slush puppies for those 4 days. Tried eating noodles!!! Dont bother. Gets all wrapped around it.

I love it and I'm glad I had it done. Just make sure you go to a reputable place. The place I go to have done my tattoos and piercings (nipple and belly button)

Go for it!

I had mine done when i was 18, the only bit that hurt was when they put the clamp on! mine didn't swell up that bad so i was ok to eat regular food! i loved it, i had all different coloured stones so i changed the top ball depending on my mood or what i was wearing!!
no-one could really see it unless i stuck my tounge out or opened my mouth wide. it didn't give me a lisp at all and it didn't chip any teeth!! it never touched my teeth!
i got a job with estee lauder and had to take it out....i shouldn't have bothered cos i walked out after 3 weeks!! the manager drove me nuts!! i was gutted cos it closed up almost immediately!

xx

Latest posts

Back