Too good not to share... a total weight off my mind

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinkerbell80

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am just so so excited I had to tell you all about whats happened to me today...

In 2004 I opened my own salon and like others ( i think) I used my credit card to buy things to make it just how I wanted it to be, I completely over spent but I was just so keen on making it just how I wanted it to be, I has full intentions of paying off the credit card however things happened and it got put on a back burner I ended up adding to it instead, I wont disclose the amount but I was loosing sleep with worry not sure how much longer I could keep up to the minimum payments.

Then I got a letter through the door that claimed due to a credit loop hole my cards/loans and even store cards could be reduced to zero and my credit file cleared of that debt, I laughed and thought it was a joke but later on I looked on the website and filled out the info form, I was a bit annoyed at myself thinking why have I just wasted my time but solicitors deal with it and .... today I have just had the best news ever they have written and confirmed my debt has been cleared and my credit file has been deleted with that debt.

To say I am over the moon is a total understatement I wanna scream with happiness, but I thought I can not keep this to myself I had to let everyone know if you are in a similar situation please look on the website its Clear your Credit Cards and Personal Loans - Credit Issues I'm not kidding you its fantastic.

Hope everyone is ok :) xxx

Love a very happy tinker

I had a look there- but how can they do that?? You must be sooo happy!!! Did you have to pay for it??

Hmmm... I had a wee look but it seems they want a heck of a lot of information to proceed. I don't like being on company's mailing lists and I don't like the idea of someone having so much information about me on file. :irked:

Also... if I get into debt I like to get myself out of it as being bailed out of a debt means I don't learn not to get into trouble in the first place, if you see what I mean?

Just my opinion!

:hug:

well i am over the moon and im sure there are loads of people who wish they had not got into debt in the first place like myself but this is life and these things happen! It did cost money but it was min compared to what I got back and I had late fee charges paid back so that all added up too.

So is it like making yourself bankrupt?

Edit...just read the link...weird.

So who foots the bill?

well i am over the moon and im sure there are loads of people who wish they had not got into debt in the first place like myself but this is life and these things happen! It did cost money but it was min compared to what I got back and I had late fee charges paid back so that all added up too.
i am sure you are over the moon and i will be taking a look at the site myself,i agree it is easy to pop things on your credit card and then pay back later and if we are all honest we have all done it...i would not see it as an earlier geek put being bailed out ..its a stroke of luck and good for you!! xxx:green:

I'm sorry but I think this is a pure scam. How on earth can anyone just get rid of your debt leaving you to carry on as if nothing has happened?

Sorry to be blunt - but get real! I'm not an expert, but if this were actually possible there would be no house repossessions and everyone would be living the life of their dreams!

I believe that this is actually an IVA - not something to be lightly entered into and not to be shouting from the rooftops!

I can confirm that it is NOT an IVA, a friend of mine is a financial adviser and we have chatted in depth about this. It is purely that the credit companies have a loophole in thier agreements.

I am 99% sure that it only applies to agreements taken out before April 2007. I also know of someone who has been successful with this.

Lou xx

I'm sorry but I think this is a pure scam. How on earth can anyone just get rid of your debt leaving you to carry on as if nothing has happened?

Sorry to be blunt - but get real! I'm not an expert, but if this were actually possible there would be no house repossessions and everyone would be living the life of their dreams!

I believe that this is actually an IVA - not something to be lightly entered into and not to be shouting from the rooftops!
i am sure that tinkerbell80 just wanted to share wot she feels is good news and yes i agree with wot you are saying but i think your post is a bit harsh as im sure tinkerbell80 did not put this post on to offend anyone.In light of the credit crunch and the next year or so being financially difficult and uncertain its nice to see these credit companies giving something back instead of take take take!!!! maybe this is a scam maybe not i have not yet looked at the site.:irked:

I can confirm that it is NOT an IVA, a friend of mine is a financial adviser and we have chatted in depth about this. It is purely that the credit companies have a loophole in thier agreements.

I am 99% sure that it only applies to agreements taken out before April 2007. I also know of someone who has been successful with this.

Lou xx

Sorry for being thick...what's an IVA?

i am sure that tinkerbell80 just wanted to share wot she feels is good news and yes i agree with wot you are saying but i think your post is a bit harsh as im sure tinkerbell80 did not put this post on to offend anyone.In light of the credit crunch and the next year or so being financially difficult and uncertain its nice to see these credit companies giving something back instead of take take take!!!! maybe this is a scam maybe not i have not yet looked at the site.:irked:

I know that it sounded blunt, but there is no such thing as a free lunch! I'm sure that tinkerbell80 is probably over the moon if all she says is true, but i'm a cynic and I would want documented proof. I had a quick look at the site and they are charging quite a bit - is there any redress if anything was to go wrong?

I'm not a bitch honest, just sure there is something not right about this!

I know that it sounded blunt, but there is no such thing as a free lunch! I'm sure that tinkerbell80 is probably over the moon if all she says is true, but i'm a cynic and I would want documented proof. I had a quick look at the site and they are charging quite a bit - is there any redress if anything was to go wrong?

I'm not a bitch honest, just sure there is something not right about this!
i understand your doubts,im sure that tinkerbell80 would not put a thread on here if it were not true.She may have not gone into a lot of detail as to how and why she had her balance wiped clean,but the fact is she did because of a small loop hole in the system i have read about this and as an earlier geek mentiones it is all above board.so with that said im pleased for tinkerbell80.:) my sister had a payout from a credit card company last year because of a similar thing thru no cost to herself xx

I agree there is a fair bit to pay upfront once it has been established if any or all of the debt can be cleared. Plus additional solicitors fees if things are taken further with each of the creditors. I'm very pleased for you though that it has worked out in your favour. My biggest put off would be the effect on any future borrowing. On their FAQs it says:

Will I be able to get another credit card or loan?
  • Yes, nothing we do in the process will affect your ability to apply for another credit card or loan with a different lender.
I made those words red as I think they're quite key. Bear in mind that the majority of credit cards are owned by a mere few big banks.

Anyway I don't want to rain on your parade but definitely think there's more involved than completing a test online and then having all your debt written off.

I am only telling you my experience not starting a debate. I can confirm it is not a scam there is a loophole in the credit agreements and it is on cards/loans or store cards prior to April 2007, there are solictors under the law society working on it and it is approved by the minister of justice ( believe me I did my research). Anyway like I said I had a positive outcome and I just wanted to share it with others that it might help. If anyone is interested all the info is on the site.:eek:

I am only telling you my experience not starting a debate. I can confirm it is not a scam there is a loophole in the credit agreements and it is on cards/loans or store cards prior to April 2007, there are solictors under the law society working on it and it is approved by the minister of justice ( believe me I did my research). Anyway like I said I had a positive outcome and I just wanted to share it with others that it might help. If anyone is interested all the info is on the site.:eek:

I understand :) just in an open forum it is bound to spark some debate. As I said I'm really pleased that you had a good outcome x

good for you hun like i said earlier its a nice change to hear someone gettin somethin back im sure it is a weight off your mind xxx:hug:

But why is it right that you can write off your debts - the rest of us credit card users are paying for this.

I'm not trying to be nasty, and I do understand IVAs and can see that situation but just don't understand that if you overspend, the rest of us are paying:confused:

there has been loads of these adverts on telly and the radio lately, and their is a loophole BUT this option is not to be taken lightly.

If your happy with the result then that's what counts. Well done for sorting it but make a promise to all the geeks out there to stay in charge of your finances from now on!!!

Latest posts

Back