Top coats; Seche Vite vs OPI-any recommendations?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

annmarie_beauty

Reaction score
Hi,

I need a good reccomendation for a standard topcoat...
SECHE VITE is amazing fast drying amazing shine but terrible shrinkage and tucking the free edge stops shrinkage but , causes peeling.
OPI standard topcoat has good durability but takes years to dry and even once dry imprints.
So far OPI RAPID dry is the best topcoat I've found , good shine and fully dry in 10mins but once you've used half the bottle it starts to thicken and have terrible air bubbles!

Can anyone suggest a good topcoat?

I must admit I'm a huge Seche Vite top coat fab. I haven't experienced any problems with shrinkage or wrinkling so far, it's usually a fab high gloss finish for me. Having used the OPI Rapid Dry top coat previously I found that it would start to drag the colour underneath even if it had been left for ages to dry.
I love OPI colour polishes but will stick with Seche Vite for my top coat. My clients love it too!

Lumos Top Coat by Famous Names, available at Sweet Squared gets my vote!

I tried a new one the other day it was asp top coat and nail art sealer, I do really like this one for the price !! I got it at sallys vat free day.
I do like opi but as I'm starting out topcoat is barely 6m old half full and now quite gloopy :((
I have also ordered seche so cannot wait to try it out !! :))

As SwissSassy says
Lumos
Quick drying base & top coats are brill
Good shine too.

I've recently switched to seche vite as I bought a bottle for stamping but haven't actually got around to trying it with the stamping polish yet. Normally I use China Glaze Fast Forward, smells a bit funky but its pretty good! I got asked 2x yesterday if I have fake nails on as 'they were too shiny to be real' and that was with seche vite topcoat....

Latest posts

Back