Top tips for Shellac removal - also posted in group :)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you work on one finger at a time? Leaving the others covered while you remove one at a time? Have you tried using the orange stick to remove the remnants ? Xxxxx

I do use orange stick but I don't want to scrub the nail too hard with it :(

I worked with one nail after another. Didn't remove foils all together.

It looks like even if I remove as much colour as I can there is a shiny film left on my nails with little bits of faded colour And I scrub it with pad with d-solve but I'm not getting too far with it!

My nails are sticky and horrid.I am so upset!

I will sit tonight and practice base coat application. Will do few times the whole routine on each nail (base, 2xcolour,top and removal) mastering the base coat and hopefully I'll get to the point where it will be easy to remove it.

I feel so embarrassed :(

And big thank you NailsLondon1 for your patience and advice xxxxx

Stick with it...I have removed other people's work before and found it wouldn't budge too easily as ALL the coats were way too thick! It did come off in the end. I don't have this problem as all my coats are nice and thin.

If you want to see if you are Shellacing like a pro then look up Fingernail Fixer on Facebook.. Her videos are amazing and you can see exactly how it's done.

HTH

You have removed the wraps all at once, which means your Shellac will start to go hard again, so as Nailsinlondon1 has suggested, remove them one at a time and make sure you start with the one you wrapped first.

It really helps if you press the nail firmly while the wrap is on and twist from left to right and pull the wrap off the nail. I find this usually takes the Shellac clean off the nail... you may need to flake a tiny bit off.

Your application may be a bit too thick, so go thinner and as already said, make sure those wraps are nice and tight otherwise the acetone will evaporate and the Shellac will harden, making removal a LOT longer than it should be.

It should only take 10 minutes to remove a full set... by the time you finish wrapping, the first one should be nearly ready to come off.

HTHs

I'm also having problems with some people's removal (not all). I had one today with Decadence on, and it looked just like the picture the OP posted. I couldn't get the base coat any thinner without the edges going raggy. I left it on for a further 4 mins but it didn't help much. I feel like I may be damaging the nails with my removal and I don't know what to do! Are some colours more stubborn than others? I notices the picture the OP posted is also a red? X

Just a quick update. I think I mm getting better in removal. Woop woop :) It doesn't 'peel'/'come off' very easily but I don't struggle with the base coat removal that much after going super thin! So I'm getting there!

Thank you for your help x

Latest posts

Back