Touching up Pictures

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ch4rli3

Reaction score
Does anyone know how I can touch up some pictures on a Mac laptop? I dont have photo shop and a friend of a friend was meant to be doing it for me, but keeps letting me down!
They literally need a small amount of adjusting and cropping but I have no idea how to do it?

Is there a program I can use on a Mac?

I come from a graphic design/reprographics background. If you dont mind emailing me your pic and letting me know what you want I dont mind doing it for you. It would be easier than explaining, unless you want me to explain I am happy to do either.

What kind of file is your image? JPEG, PSD (Photoshop format)

The only prob is I am using IBM not Mac but I can probably export it so that its Mac compatible.

anne xx

I use my mac to touch up all my pics, go to iphoto where all your photos should be stored. If you double click on a picture you want to edit it will make it bigger and along the bottom of the page will be a toolbar. One of them will say edit and all your cropping, airbrushing, red eye removal etc is all there.

I have just finished airbrushing some of my friends wedding pics. The mother of the bride now looks about 30 :) xx

If you are looking to get some Photoshop-like software for free you should look at "Gimp". www.gimp.org

This is not "light weight" but its good and free (and will work on your Mac)

If you are looking to get some Photoshop-like software for free you should look at "Gimp". www.gimp.org

This is not "light weight" but its good and free (and will work on your Mac)

And it works on Linux as well :)

I can have a go for u if u like i use photoshop all the timebut would be no good trying to explain how to do it.

Thanks for everyones replies, and I really appreciate people offering to do it for me, the thing is, I have a bout 30 photos that need touching up!!! I dont expect anyone to do all that for me!

Ive tried downloading GIMP but :confused::confused::confused: Lets just say Im not all that great on using a Mac!!!

do you not have iphoto on your mac already? I think its the standard package that actually comes with it.

Yes I have iphoto on my mac, but it doesnt work! It's actually my Bf's mac and hes had it few years and the whole thing needs wiping and re installing but Because I use it for work so much, I need it all the time, so have not got round to having it done!

My brother has now had i photo installed on his computer, so I am hoping he will do it all for me!

Latest posts

Back