Trained in EE's, can I express, too?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeautifiClaire

Reaction score
Hello Ladies! I am trained with Lash Perfect in semi-permanent EE's and was wondering, with the Xmas party season coming up, about doing the quicker, express/party or whatever you wanna call em too! I suppose for one off's over Xmas and due to the cost being cheaper more ladies will want to indulge and glam up. I will be phoning my insurers to check on Monday but in the meantime do any of you know, or do you, practice this treatment having just done the SP version? I know there are lots of express lash companies and training etc (Lash Perfect do it themselves) but I think I get the gist of placement on the lash and using the clusters - removal having to be done after 2 weeks etc and just want to crack on and try it! ta lovelies xxx

Hi Claire,
My personal feeling on this is that there is nothing like a set of semi permanent eyelash extensions. I wouldn't offer my clientele a service that would essentially rob myself of business in semi permanent services. People need to be educated as to why the semi permanent lashes are the ones to invest it. I know lots of gals in here do the clusters, and I don't wish to offend, but quite honestly, I see clients every week who want their lashes removed because they are driving them crazy, and they tell me the lashes are the worst lashes they have ever seen. I tell them that their lashes are well done, but just not the semi permanent ones, and then remove them. They inevitably say they will never go back to the tech who put the express or party lashes on them. Keep in mind that I am a trainer and firm believer in semi permanent lashes, so I am quite biased.
That being said, I am guessing that your insurance won't cover you without the training. Last but most importantly, it it a totally different glue you should be using. Never use a semi permanent glue on clusters for any reason. You will damage their natural lashes.:hug:

Thankyou my lovely, that makes total sense. Why spend more money and time training when I already have the products and knowledge for the best system. I just need to practice, practice and practice some more so I can get my time down a bit xxx:Love:

That will totally happen the more practice you put into it. Do family as freebees to gain some speed. Accuracy is your first goal, but the speed will come naturally. You won't be sorry that you didn't compromise.

Hey
I too trained in the SP lash extensions but also offer the cluster lashes. I agree that the SP ones are far superior, however I do think a well applied cluster set do serve their purpose. If someone only wants to have them done fir a night out they just will not want to pay the SP price tag. I myself used to have clusters done for nights out but looking back they were not very well applied and were far too thick and long.
After learning the technique of blending for the SP ones I know that my cluster ones look far better as I use the blending to apply them also.
I find if you can offer both and explain the pros and cons of both it means that the client has the choice. Some people just will not pay the SP price and at least if you offer the clusters/party lashes you will get more people through the door to start with. Then they may later decide to have the SP ones.
Plus I agree that the Xmas season means more people that want just the clusters done for parties.
And in answer to your question the SP training covers you fir the cluster lashes too but obviously check with your particular insurance company.
:) x

Hey
I too trained in the SP lash extensions but also offer the cluster lashes. I agree that the SP ones are far superior, however I do think a well applied cluster set do serve their purpose. If someone only wants to have them done fir a night out they just will not want to pay the SP price tag. I myself used to have clusters done for nights out but looking back they were not very well applied and were far too thick and long.
After learning the technique of blending for the SP ones I know that my cluster ones look far better as I use the blending to apply them also.
I find if you can offer both and explain the pros and cons of both it means that the client has the choice. Some people just will not pay the SP price and at least if you offer the clusters/party lashes you will get more people through the door to start with. Then they may later decide to have the SP ones.
Plus I agree that the Xmas season means more people that want just the clusters done for parties.
And in answer to your question the SP training covers you fir the cluster lashes too but obviously check with your particular insurance company.
:) x

You said it well when you talked about explaining the pros and cons... at least the client would be able to choose for themselves. I have removed enough party lashes and express sets from unsuspecting clients to know that the information isn't getting to the clients that I have seen.
How would a technician who was only trained in SP know that there is a totally different glue they should use? Putting them on would maybe be okay with only the SP training, but using an SP glue can damage the clients lash line, especially if it is one that is super fast drying, and holds like a crazy glue. I personally would not do it without extra training, for sure.

Oh yes I forgot to say that using the different glue is a must. I use the SP glue only for SP lashes and the cluster lashes have separate glue. Apart from this difference in glue the procedure is pretty much the same and it's very easy to do once you have done SP lashes.
I believe that as long as you do a good job the cluster lashes can look good and be ideal for a client looking for a difference for a night out without the longterm commitment.
I think the confusion to clients comes because the cluster lashes are actually called "individual lashes" so when a client sees these advertised they think they are the SP ones.
I love the SP lashes and believe totally that they are better so would always recommend them above the clusters. Having said this if a client comes to me wanting a glam look just for a night out I would obviously recommend the clusters. For me its all about listening to the clients needs and expectations. :)

If you went to a salon and the therapist said they taught them self something or were not trained would you be happy and willing yoga e the treatment? There are training courses got treatments for a reason

Lol obviously I would not be happy if someone had no training but I have had lash extension training and all I do differently is use different glue. If I genuinely believed I needed the extra training to apply cluster lashes I would do a separate course.
The insurance companies offer insurance to people who have done the SP courses which cover the cluster extensions for a reason. :)

Thanks ladies, lots of valid points to consider, the main difference is the glue and fact you aren't isolating lashes - with the excellent SP training we have completed I too see no reason why I couldn't perform the clusters if needed, my family and friends had better be warned - I'll be on the hunt for guinea pigs again soon! Xxx

I dont really get it. I am trained in cluster, party lashes with the glue that dissolves with oil and could last between 1 day and 2 weeks. and I am also trained in semi permanent eyelash extensions. Now I understand that these "express" lashes are somewhere in between. They are same application as the sp ones but without isolating the eyelash? and this is with sp glue or the glue you would use for cluster party lashes?

What I dont understand is that in effect what you are doing is giveing the client an eyeful of stickies? which during my sp eyelash training was something tthat you strive to avoid and create the perfect lash on lash without stickies?

Isnt the reason why you dont want to adhere a donor lash to more than one lash because they grow at different rates andtherefore you cause irritation? I am inclined to agree with the previous posters in that I think you might end up doing more damage than good. you know yourself you can educate people till you are blue in the face, but people are lazy, or havent got the time.

I think if you do decide to go down this route, then as part of the application i would insist that they book an appointmetn for removal 2 weeks after. You can just hear them now though cant you -
client: "oh my eyes were so sore after having indiviudal eyelash extensions" (even though they went 3 weeks and didnt adhere to the advice)
potential client: oh where did you get them done?
client: oh that salon down the road
potential clilent: oh well i wont be giong there!

I can see the attraction of these lashes but i just think people just wont listen to your advise as they always know best and I just worry it might damage your reputation as another geek also mentioned.

best of luck with whatever you decide *hugs*

Valid point, perhaps I have been thinking about the party clusters as opposed to the express then? Oh lord it gets too confusing! Think I'll just stick with the best method - like you say, I can tell people they have to have them removed properly and nine times out of ten they'll just pull them off themselves and its my reputation being marked because of it. thankyou for all your advice. xxx

Claire,
That is the bottom line... Your reputation. I personally chose early in my career to set myself apart and do only the highest quality lashes available. I promise you, put in your time, and you will be a much sought after SP lash extensionist who is so busy with referrals you won't be able to take them all. I have not advertised for my own personal clientele in over a year, and the referrals keep pouring in from my loyal clients who love what I do.

Last edited:
Yes can I just point out express lashes are different to cluster lashes. Cluster lashes applied correctly serve their purpose.
I personally have had both done and for everyday wear would always choose SP but sometimes for a big night out I would rather have the clusters for a more "wow" look.
Also it really does not matter which lashes you do, if a client yanks them out it will damage the natural lash. This includes the SP lashes.
I ask the client what they want the lashes for and always recommend the SP for longterm wear. The only time I recommend the clusters is if they do not want them long term and are only looking for a change for a special night out. :)

Also it greatly depends on the area you live in. I live in a small town where the vast majority of people simply cant afford the SP lashes so to offer the cluster ones is important. If I lived in a city where people have more money perhaps it would be easier to offer only the SP.
It's nice to offer the cheaper alternative as in my eyes looking good should not only be available to people with more money.
So as long as the right advice is given I think it's important to offer both. :)

Latest posts

Back