Trainee got another job in a salon but still with me

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you don't need this girl and are quiet and unsure what to do with her, then maybe you could suggest that she moves her work experience to this other salon. It might benefit her more, being in a busier environment and then you'll feel more at ease too :)

I'd like to add that Persianista is an incredible businesswoman and all around amazing person for giving the rest of us such great, straight talking info when she doesn't have to. There is no need for rudeness...you can put forward your own opinion without getting personal.

HWilliams, i don't think that you have said anything inappropriate, your posts express your opinion, without getting nasty.
Also, i'm really sorry about the other girls on your training course. How awful for you! I was lucky that all the girls on my course were lovely and we all helped eachother out. I'm so glad that you have showed them, and done so well for yourself xx

Thank you x

Ok so I have decided to let my trainee go, with her working in the salon that tries to compete with myself I just don't think it'll work. What is a polite way to let her know I cannot keep her on?

Well at least you made a decision, regardless of what we all say, it has to be the right decision for you.

Hmm, a toughie.

Personally, I've never had to dismiss in this scenario yet I know many that have been and their reasons are as follows:

1) You cannot dedicate your time to assist her training course any longer due to your business commitments, therefore have to let her go

2) You have decided that you are opting out of work experience placement offering due to all the extra legal stuff involved therefore have to let her go

Either way, you could offer a reference and wish her well for her future.

H x

Latest posts

Back