Training in South Yorkshire

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pixie P

Reaction score
Afternoon all,

I think I have found a training centre to do my nail tech course, it's Inspired Beauty Training in Bramley, Rotherham. I emailed them yesterday as they dont have much info on their website and she came back with a really good responce to all my questions. I asked what courses were available, prices & when they start.
Here is a copy of the email she wrote back... tell me what you think and has anyone trained with them?
they are babtac & guild approved

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't mean to sound rude, but assuming the theory takes half a day, that leaves one half day to show you how to silk, gel AND L+P, and then you are supposed to go practise on others at home?
Is there any practical training other than a demo i.e. will there be time to sit and have a tutor watch your application, see if you are working safely etc. What if you have any problems when you go and practise at home? Will someone be able to advise or are you just left to your own devices?
I think you need the answers to all these questions before you can decide whether this course will teach you everything you need to know.
I now I'm sounding negative here, but I initially did a five day course to cover all these systems, and now I only offer Acrylic, as the other two were just too much to learn in a short space of time.
Hth. If you want to get good education, some companies to consider are CND, OPI, NSI Young Nails, EZFlow...sorry can't think of any more right now, maybe some other geeks can r eply with more info for you.:hug:

Thank you Sooo much for your input I really appreciate it. I will ask them about after care. I have considered NSI & CND but I just cannot afford the prices, I know that nearly everyone on here swears by them (I haven't a bad word either) it's just that I do not have the funds to be able to go to a credited place like them!
Think I will have to keep looking
Thank you

Kate for the one day i think it is expensive for the small amount that you will learn,
you will come away from the course frustrated because you not be able to apply a set of nails after 1/2 a day of practical work,

at creative they spend 5 days split up over 3 months where most of the work is practical and you practise at home also and even after all that practical you will not be perfect at nails,
but you will be far better than what you would be there,
at creative the educator constantly walks around the class watching over everyone and pointing you all in the right direction on every move that you make wrong,

if i was you i would save for a little longer and take a training course that is well recognised in the industry for its outstanding education, hth :hug:

at creative they spend 5 days split up over 3 months where most of the work is practical and you practise at home also and even after all that practical you will not be perfect at nails,
but you will be far better than what you would be there,
at creative the educator constantly walks around the class watching over everyone and pointing you all in the right direction on every move that you make wrong,

if i was you i would save for a little longer and take a training course that is well recognised in the industry for its outstanding education, hth :hug:

I thought it was an intensive 5 days! silly me for not seeing it! I think I'll go have another look at CND website I might of missed more infor!!

Thank you xx

I cannot see how one day can be enough to learn anything from scratch

I spent 18 weeks learning nail technology at college, and i was not very confident after that!

Remember you always get what you pay for

I agree with Loubylou, I think you would be better off waiting until you can afford a better quality of training

I thought it was an intensive 5 days! silly me for not seeing it! I think I'll go have another look at CND website I might of missed more infor!!

Thank you xx

Give them a call hunny on 0845 210 6060 and they will explain everything to you, they wont try to push you into anything all they will be is extremely helpful, hth :hug:

If you are wanting a course in Rotherham try Ritz near the magna centre. They do a 5 day course for around £*** including all the kit. Such short courses aren't ideal but it sounds like your budget is tight so maybe this will be ok for you for now, the are a reputable company and are very good I know a couple of the trainers there. I hope this helps hun and if you want more info about it feel free to ask. x

Last edited by a moderator:
One day is not enough to learn 4 systems. I did 4 days, spanned out over a few weeks with lots of practice thrown in in between. I'd have a shop around if I were you.x

If you are wanting a course in Rotherham try Ritz near the magna centre. They do a 5 day course for around £339 including all the kit. Such short courses aren't ideal but it sounds like your budget is tight so maybe this will be ok for you for now, the are a reputable company and are very good I know a couple of the trainers there. I hope this helps hun and if you want more info about it feel free to ask. x

This is the course that I am doing at the moment its 4 sessions once a week with your assessment at the end. Its really good you get a brilliant set of note to help you when your back at home.

:)

My suggestion is that the poster save her money, if this is important to her, and attend a proper nail course that will get her on the road to success.

Where is the FIRE? What's the hurry?

The story we get here on the site all the time is ... I wish I had waited ... I ended up learning nothing of value and had to pay all over again for another course ... etc etc.

Be smart and get it RIGHT from the start.

My suggestion is that the poster save her money, if this is important to her, and attend a proper nail course that will get her on the road to success.

Where is the FIRE? What's the hurry?

The story we get here on the site all the time is ... I wish I had waited ... I ended up learning nothing of value and had to pay all over again for another course ... etc etc.

Be smart and get it RIGHT from the start.

Hi Geeg, I have just noticed that you have replied to this thread!
I know it was put up a while ago but still nice to see. I have since decided not to go down the nail tech route but to enroll to goto college in september to do NVQ level 2 beauty therapy! THanks for all your replies guys xx xx

Latest posts

Back