Transvestite friendly hair salon around Birmingham?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aimerlelapin

Reaction score
Hello Salon Geek Forum,

Im a 35 year old male part time transvestite who is fed up with wearing wigs and my current hair style.

Im looking for a good, tranny friendly salon where i can discuss a suitable hairstyle for my face shape and have my hair cut to suit.

Currently i have my hair cut ay Royston Blythe in wolverhampton. I just cant bring myself to tell my stylist the way i am in a busy salon on a saturday morning.

As such, six months on and my hair is still no where nearer where i want it to be. She keeps cutting my fringe off!

Anyways, can anyone help?!

Chris P

Hi, sorry to hear you are having such a hard time! Have you tried taking a picture in to your stylist? There is a big male/female cross over in styles right now and you may find a female style you want on a male model. This way you get the style you want without revealing your secret!

I'm sure if you explained to her she would not be shocked. Although I don't have any TV clients (as far as I know!), I do have many male clients that are longhaired, emo, gay etc and have wild and wonderful styles and colour. I am generally up for anything creative, so maybe she will be too.

Good luck in your quest!

maybe you would feel more comfortable going during the week when they might be quieter. or maybe call and tell her what type of style you want so when you go in you can just show her a pic.

i dont know if that helps at all.. but men do all sorts of styles anyways these days.

like sophisticutz we have done femine styles on men before and not thought anything about it. so you dont have to say anything you dont want to.

but i would bring a pic so she can see what you want and saves you having to explain the style also.

I've copied this from another trans thread. (Posted by Jaye.)

I hope you have as good experience of service from a salon as I did with my one in Woodley, Reading.

I quite agree with the person who stated that your money is as good as anyone's, and I'm sure any professional salon would view things that way.

What I did was to first approach my chosen salonby sending the owner a polite, equiring email explaining about my being a transgendered person and what I was hoping to experience from a salon. I explained that I'd be wanting to be treated just like their other female clients (and that included paying much more than the guys too! lol) and was looking for help and advice with styling etc.

The message of response I received was very warm and welcoming, which continued during my first consultation appointment (a hair treatment, cut, styling and hi-/lo-lites), and I've been back three times since. Only last week my regular girl gave me a lovely new style (having cut about 6" off the length) and I am really delighted with it.

I should perhaps add that when I have been for my appointments, I have been very dressed down and quite androgynous in appearance, I am not really seeking to stand out! (being 6'1" I do that already!), but they're quite a plucky bunch at the salon so I have no doubt they wouldn't mind if I turned up somewhat more glammed up.

I personally find my visits to my salon a near theraputic rest time in an ambient and hospitable atmosphere... In and out for a cut in 15 minutes and for £20??? Guys just don't know what they're missing out on! ;-)

Hope this helps x

What a shame that requests like these are needed....isnt hair hair, no matter what body, person its on...or what clothes they choose to wear.

Why should someone have to go on a quiet day or send a letter first asking if its ok.

:hug:

My salon is based in Kidderminster! I will pm you

My salon is based in Kidderminster! I will pm you

I can definitely vouch that Angelina's salon is trans friendly too. I got my hair coloured and styled there a few days ago, I went there in "Ruth" mode, and everyone was really friendly, including Angelina herself (salon owner and beauty therapist) and Louise (hair stylist) - they were very helpful with helping me choose colours and Louise did a fab job colouring and styling my hair - I got a shorter hair style (down to about shoulder length) which suits me so much more than what I had before; it's way easier to manage and looks more "femme" too.

Hi
I know you said that your sick of wearing wigs but have you tried the full lace wigs they are fantastic and you cant even tell they are a wig, I have worn wigs for many years on and off aswell as hair extensions if I have wanted to get through 'a growing my hair stage', they are really good and can be custom made to your own requirements. I can recommend a really good vendor to you.

If interested pm me for details or if anyone is interested.

Latest posts

Back