Travelling with gels to OZ, can they be brought into the country?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sleepingbeauty

Reaction score
I don't know if Im posting this in the right place, but would be very interested in some answers. Can gels that have been opened happily be exported if I was to emigrate to New South Wales Australia ?

I keep watching these Airport Dramas of people trying to import 'x' items & being told they arent able to, so I need to know if I was to bring my exisiting Bio Sculpture Gels into the Country would I have a problem in doing so ?

I'm well aware I can't bring in Cotton items & I wouldnt bring in soak off gel remover or sanitizer I'm just concerned about the Gels...

If anyone can point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated

No idea but didn't want to read and run. I'd be interested in knowing the answer to this too :)

Phone the Australian embassy and ask. :green:

http://www.customs.gov.au/site/page4369.asp

The page lists the Prohibited & Restricted goods going into Australia. Also you have to think about Values & Uses of goods. If something is deemed to be of commercial value ie they thought you were going to sell it out there you could get charged import tax

I live in Australia and I don't even know the answer to this.

Is all I know is, I was not allowed to take my gels, gel polish, monomer and all the chemical products that go with my systems, interstate.
It was a flying restriction, so I had to send them all via road post when I travel interstate ( I send spares of everything and have as much as possible not opened and well packed and I send it ahead of time so it's there when I get to my destination).

I would contact customs and directly ask.
It helps if you provide the MSDS info as well and also the amounts of each chemical item.

I live in Australia too and when I flew interstate I carried my product in my checked luggage. There was only a small bottle of monomer.

I live in Australia too and when I flew interstate I carried my product in my checked luggage. There was only a small bottle of monomer.

Yes that is right, i should have been clearer, when I traveled I had over the small amount allowable, so this is why I had to road post it.
It took a lot longer than I thought and I was freaking out but I didn't allow for public holidays in the different states as it traveled through but I got it all in the end and then had to send what was left back the same way.
It cost a fortune too:mad:

Latest posts

Back