Treatment/beauty couches....which ones for mobile?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebelrebel

Reaction score
I am doing my level 2 beauty therapy, but bought this beauty couch from ebay to practice on at home, but I only used it once and the bolts from the legs have broken off! and ir also weights a ton, I wouldn't fancy carting it say upstairs to a flat or and distance, it has a case with wheels on but that is not that good.

So I was just thinking what couches would you recommend for the mobile therpist? I think I have sen some aluminium ones! are they much lighter.

and also what treatments would you take you couch for? obviously facials, but would you take it for waxing, yes probably you wouldbut how about eyelash tints and small quick treatments?

Thanks for any advise I am trying to get prepared for when I finish my course and go mobile.

Ruth x

I use the The REM airlight it is aluminum and am very happy with it :hug: I use it for all treatments I have a minimum call out of £25 so would never just be doing an ELT but would still take it in if I did to be professional.

Thanks for your advice, I just couldn't figure out doing a ELT and towing around with couches etc... but that is a good idea of a minimum call out charge

Ruth x

Hi
A minimum call out charge is a great idea! As I used to travel for just an ELT at times:irked:
I always took a couch with me as even if you are only doing a small treatment it always looked very professional. If they have to lie on the sofa whilst you do an ELT I think it looks a bit amaeteur:confused:
The couches are really heavy but you do get used to them after a while. Mine is a standard mobile therapist couch from sally's. It came with a carry case so that makes life a bit easier.:)
Good luck with your course:hug:

Hi
A minimum call out charge is a great idea! As I used to travel for just an ELT at times:irked:
I always took a couch with me as even if you are only doing a small treatment it always looked very professional. If they have to lie on the sofa whilst you do an ELT I think it looks a bit amaeteur:confused:
The couches are really heavy but you do get used to them after a while. Mine is a standard mobile therapist couch from sally's. It came with a carry case so that makes life a bit easier.:)
Good luck with your course:hug:

:hug:Thank you, I am absolutly loving the course, I have enroled for level 3 also:)

I've had two mercia couches from Sally's in my 7 year beauty career. I think it is a good one to start with, they cost around £100. Not the top of the range but a good starter and quite sturdy.

In the case of ELT's I would get other treatments booked in as it's not worth trecking out for one. And believe me people will have you trecking out if you don't have a minimum spend. They don't care as they want their treatment doing!

You could get the client to lie on their bed if you don't want to cart the couch, but be careful with settees etc, it is hard as the tint can run if they aren't laid down dead straight.

hth's xx

Latest posts

Back