Treatments and products from back in the day thread

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my first straightners were the ones that had crimping plates aswell. you had to leave them for an hour to warm up. my friend use to leave hers on overnight ready for the morning she use to be done for off her dad. in a salon i worked in, in 2002 we had darphin make up i thought this was the best ever even though you had to apply a hundred coats of eyeshadow to get any colour. oh and how could i forget doing my guinot qualification, here you had to know every product in french. could rhyme that off like ba ba black sheep. can only remember longue vie yeux now which was eye cream

Also, my first salon i worked in was called body talk. It was the 90's i guess

Haha this is brilliant!!! They still do heather shimmer!!!

What a out no 7 body tint that was like black coffee that you applied with cotton wool?

Flash back...My stepmum use to use this!

Xx

Not beauty related but I also used to wear a visible thong with diamonte on it with my stripes in my hair and no eyebrows (cringe) x

Not beauty related but I also used to wear a visible thong with diamonte on it with my stripes in my hair and no eyebrows (cringe) x

Oh my how funny,i remember when a visible thong was all the rage!!! La senza sold the diamanté clasps you could jazz your thong up with!! Worn best with stonewashed hipster kick flare jeans from river island!!!!!

Oh my how funny,i remember when a visible thong was all the rage!!! La senza sold the diamanté clasps you could jazz your thong up with!! Worn best with stonewashed hipster kick flare jeans from river island!!!!!

Oh my I remember this..... my low ripped waistband jeans (think Mariah Carey..) the glittery thong and a cropped top. Good job I had abs back then! Hair mascara was horrific I had it in every colour!!
Does anyone remember tan wipes? They were all the rage when I was about 17ish and going out, about a pound and gave you a fabulous streaky orange tan :( xxx

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

oh yes tan wipes and rimmel 60 second nail polish :p

Oh my goodness I forgot about the straighteners you had to put water in! I had a pair of babyliss ones and they were rubbish lol. I also had the hair mascara and clip in hair braids. Not beauty or hair related but me and my friends used to wear sarongs over our jeans, makes me cringe now!

Oh my I remember this..... my low ripped waistband jeans (think Mariah Carey..) the glittery thong and a cropped top. Good job I had abs back then! Hair mascara was horrific I had it in every colour!!
Does anyone remember tan wipes? They were all the rage when I was about 17ish and going out, about a pound and gave you a fabulous streaky orange tan :( xxx

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

I got my tan wipes from body care for 99p I was orange from about 10 inches below belly button to just under my bra line so I could look tanned as I moved around in my hipsters....

my first straightners were the ones that had crimping plates aswell. you had to leave them for an hour to warm up. my friend use to leave hers on overnight ready for the morning she use to be done for off her dad. in a salon i worked in, in 2002 we had darphin make up i thought this was the best ever even though you had to apply a hundred coats of eyeshadow to get any colour. oh and how could i forget doing my guinot qualification, here you had to know every product in french. could rhyme that off like ba ba black sheep. can only remember longue vie yeux now which was eye cream

Miss Eden what a brill thread...I am getting all nostalgic now about when I use to go out at 18

Me too, i use to wear leather trousers from benetton and leather top with criss cross wrap around bits like destinys child. Oh and i use to drink castaway, 85p a bottle. Id be p****d on a tenner

retro wedges.jpg might of been guilty of these badboys also :D

Castaway.....mmnnnnnn orange juice and fizzy wine wasn't it?

I remember when kerastase satin Bath was £3 .50 and every one thought it was so expensive . Look at the price now

Yep castaway in 1997 was theeeee verve clicquot

I remember when kerastase satin Bath was £3 .50 and every one thought it was so expensive . Look at the price now

Mee too...I loved kerastase....I use to have my hair like rachel from friends and treat myself to some satin bath

kerastase 3.50 thats amaze!

tigi curl jam.jpg tigi curl jam anyone? the original curly hair remedy

Me too, i use to wear leather trousers from benetton and leather top with criss cross wrap around bits like destinys child. Oh and i use to drink castaway, 85p a bottle. Id be p****d on a tenner

I remember dancing in a club in fake leather trousers and a crop top and a grandad cap to the shamen 'ebenezer good' whilst swigging k cider!!

Latest posts

Back