Tricky client-help?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laurenpurdy

Reaction score
I am at a loss what to do with this client! She is an avid Shellac wearer but she keeps her nails quite long. Her nails bend because of this and this causes the Shellac to lift up where the nail has bent. Then, of course, it catches on clothes/sheets etc. She blames the Shellac for lifting but it is obvious that it's because of the length of her nails (which are soft, obviously..)
So this visit, I recommended to her that we should file her nails down so hopefully she would have less problems. She also decided that she just wanted a polish application rather than Shellac - fine by me. Now, a few days later she has called me and wants to come back because her polish is not lasting how she would like. I have fit her in but I can't keep seeing her every 4-5 days. We have tried Vinylux with not much more luck. I am running out of options and not sure what to do??

Any help/suggestions would be so appreciated. Thank you!!

Have you tried brisa lite smoothing gel or sculpting gel under the shellac?

Have you tried brisa lite smoothing gel or sculpting gel under the shellac?

I haven't. Wondering if it's worth the investment for only one client? All the rest seem to be fine..

I haven't. Wondering if it's worth the investment for only one client? All the rest seem to be fine..

Why not offer a natural nail overlay? She won't bend her nails then and her gel polish will last. Xx

I've used Brisa lite sculpting as an overlay on my nails when they were a bit thin and longish (free edge about 1cm), and i found the overlay really gave them that strength that i needed.

I've cut them down now though :(

Why not offer a natural nail overlay? She won't bend her nails then and her gel polish will last. Xx

That's what I thought, too, then she can wear them as long as she likes without all these problems. I also find that a normal polish over the top lasts really well on l&p, so don't bother with shellac for overlays on myself. Just a suggestion!

That's what I thought, too, then she can wear them as long as she likes without all these problems. I also find that a normal polish over the top lasts really well on l&p, so don't bother with shellac for overlays on myself. Just a suggestion!

Thanks ladies!! I think I will try the Brisa Lite and see how that works.

Definitely worth the investment! I used it on one client lately who's shellac only lasted for 5-7 days (all of my other clients get 3 weeks minimum). I had this particular lady on Monday for her shellac and it was still on from 3 weeks ago. I huge thumbs up from me ;) xx

Latest posts

Back