Trouble with polish over Gel sealers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

franjess

Reaction score
I'm having some clients that have polish scuffing up and wearing at the tips when I use intense seal uv gel sealer. I use sticky as base coat but it still does it. If I use the BRISA sealer will it do that also. I have Brisa Gels at my home but use IBD Gels at work, till I can get the owner to buy Brisa. Should I buff off the shine on the sealer or not use sealer at all?

I'm having some clients that have polish scuffing up and wearing at the tips when I use intense seal uv gel sealer. I use sticky as base coat but it still does it. If I use the BRISA sealer will it do that also. I have Brisa Gels at my home but use IBD Gels at work, till I can get the owner to buy Brisa. Should I buff off the shine on the sealer or not use sealer at all?

I think if I were you I'd try it without sealer/finishing gloss if using colour, even when using Brisa. Sealer is for shine and no polish wears as well on a really shiny slick surface. If a client is wearing colour there is no need for the extra bulk that a sealer adds either, as the polish is doing the work of the finishing gloss. I'm sure you will get better wear ability by omitting the high shine.

Thanks Gigi, I was afraid that it would cause brake down faster and the color would obsorb into the gel if I omitted the sealer. But I guess it wouldn't be any differant then acrylic right? and its not porous. I think the soak off Gel does obsorb the color without sealer though.

Last edited:
Thanks Gigi, I was afraid that it would cause brake down faster and the color would obsorb into the gel if I omitted the sealer. But I guess it wouldn't be any differant then acrylic right? and its not porous. I think the soak off Gel does obsorb the color without sealer though.

Yes soak off gels are very porous and not alike the buff off as you know. So many types of gel these days it's not safe to generalize anymore. :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back