Trust me I'm a Beauty Therapist..... info needed on chocolate wraps

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK. now I have heard it all!

Can someone who is trained in this, and does it regularly, tell me what is the benifits from having chocolate 'on top' of your skin?

Cos in your diet and it coming out in your skin gives you spots!
So whats the difference?? :o

LOL

Putting chocolate/cocoa on the skin is fantastic for the skin on a softening and nourishing point of view. (think cocoa butter). The whole "chocotherapy" treatments are fantastic for general wellbeing aswell as all the senses are touched. All of my clients who have the chocolate massage say that it makes them feel totally relaxed and indulged. They always come for a repeat aswell!

Chocolate is supposed to be really good for the skin with lots of minerals in it but if I was having a facial and the smell of chocolate was wafting around my nose I would be running straight to the nearest shop to gorge. Speaking of which I indulged in my favourite pastime in Thorntons yesterday mmmm they had a chocolate fountaine on too.
Now I would have had that spread all over me as a body wrap, and eaten it off after. Totally cancelling it out.

hello
I am qualified in doing this treatment. I trained with jean d'arcel in Worthing - their products are lovely and their courses are great fun! visit JEAN D'ARCEL Kosmetik & Wellness for more info.
Chocolate/ Cocoa are high in vitamins a and e which help nourish the skin.
I love doing these treatment!

Hi
We do some chocolate wraps and chocolate facials at our salon and the clients absolutely love them. The one on the "Trust me......" show is the Karin Herzog wrap and it's gorgeous - just like the rest of the Karin Herzog treatments.

ISHI also do a fabulous range of Chocolate treatments - this is an Italian company.

Hope this helps.

I have to say,I know everyone else loves the idea of chocolate being put on their skin but I would hate it!!!.It dosn't appeal to me in the slightest.

I can think of far better smells wafting around my face or body,i.e aromatherapy oils.

Sorry,it's just not my idea of paradise at all.:eek:However I have never tried one so I cant really knock it.It's just the thought.I have a 'sticky' hatred,and that's how I visualise this treatment.Sticky and sweet.

Latest posts

Back