Trying to get a loan for my car- nightmare!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

looby4444

Reaction score
Just applied for a loan for my car again over the phone at a typical apr of 5.7%, and my circumstances (cos im 22 and have a house) have made me only able to get apr at 7.7% so im paying a bit more a month! L

The lady on the phone was well rude, she asked me if I would like loan protect and I said no as it was well expensive, and she asked me how I would cover the payments if I was ill and I said my parents would probably help me out. She said what if I lost my job so I said, im sure I can find a job if I really wanted one…she said its not that easy, so I said my dad has his own business and if I really was desperate I could window clean for him. :)

Then she said ‘don’t you think at your age you shouldn’t be relying on your parents’ !!!!!! bloody cheeky cow! I told her its non of her business what I rely on my parents for and at the end of the day their not gonna see me going bankrupt if im in hospital and cant pay my loan! my mum and dad dont give me a penny and never have done and i found myself having to justify that to them!!! if they did i wouldnt be asking for a loan!!! god they made me do a paper round at 13 and ive been working ever since!

so mad now, how dare they presume im a 'kept' child!!:mad:

Have you tried Tesco? My friend got a loan from there and they were really good - my fella has nearly paid all his loan off with Kahoot (internet loan ) but they are really really good!!!!

yeah ill have a look, do you think i should go somewhere at lunch and apply or are you not meant to apply for loads?

its so scary!! never got a loan or credit card before!!:irked: im such a wimp with credit :)

They do it to make you take out the loan protection which they get commision for. The same happen to me a guy was asking me all these questions as to what i'd do if i was in a situation i couldn't pay...i ended up telling him i'd sell my body :eek: that soon shut him up!!

xxx

Sounds like she was using scare mongering tactics to get a sale of payment protection insurance out of you.
My friend used to work for a loan co. in a call centre and they get commission on the protection plans sold, but were not allowed to 'bully' you into buying it!
I would make a complaint! the call will be recorded.. so she cant deny it!
Bloody cheek!!
How very dare she! :eek:

They do it to make you take out the loan protection which they get commision for. The same happen to me a guy was asking me all these questions as to what i'd do if i was in a situation i couldn't pay...i ended up telling him i'd sell my body :eek: that soon shut him up!!

xxx
LOL, PMSL!!! Thats a good one!! :lol:

yeah i have wrote a snotty letter to them!!! :)

so, (bear with me im so clueless)

if i go to say abbey at lunch and i get a better rate, does that mean i dont have to go with northern rock and the bitchy lady?

cos ive not signed anything yet. just worried cos they have my bank details so could start taking money out.

abbey are 6.3% and if i go to the branch, they may be able to put my money in the same day so i can pick up my new car on sat!! yippeeee!

and they seem a lot nicer ppl!!

I am a PA to an IFA (independant financial adviser) - Northern Rock have one of the highest interest rates anyway - if I were you I'd go on the internet and use moneysupermarket for loans - they'll bring up the best - make sure you read the small print tho - dont rely on someone in a call centre to explain it all to you - they'll not mention everything!!!!

As long as you haven't signed anything then i'm sure that's fine...not sure about the bank details though. i got a quote from 2 banks and both of them sent documents through but i only sent one back, i rang and asked about the other one i had recieved and she said if you don't want the loan then just ignore it, it will only be valid if the documents are sent back.

what car you buying? i did this all about 5 months ago, bought my dream car, now i'm having to sell it as i'm going to uni so now need to pay my loan back. is your loan one you can pay back early and not be penalised for it?

Pen xxx

:) Its a ford KA! i love it and want it now.

im pretty settled at the mo so wont need to pay it early fingers crossed. its not too expensive anyway.

ill look for one you can pay early just in case i come into money....or sell my body of course! :lol:

:) Its a ford KA! i love it and want it now.

im pretty settled at the mo so wont need to pay it early fingers crossed. its not too expensive anyway.

ill look for one you can pay early just in case i come into money....or sell my body of course! :lol:

Ha ha :lol: i never thought i'd need to come out of mine early either as £150 a month was completely managable. But it's not on £499 a month bursary :eek:
I'm going to hopefully get a ka when i've sold my mini. xx

yey!! KA's are cool

altho would LOVE a mini!!!

Mini's are gorgeous, but at the end of the day it's only a car and my career is so much more important...well that's what i keep telling myself!! x

Latest posts

Back