trying to get natural ash blonde i love but wont happen

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilypop106

Reaction score
hi if you could help would be great
my natural hair colour is on the base of a 7 and is mousy
i usually get my hair coloured at local hairdressers and i look at the colour chart and pick which colour i like which is like a natural ash blonde, i have a semi permanent done i think its a 7NA or 8NA but it lasts like 4 days considering i wash my hair every day, i have had the same colour in permanent before and it still only lasted 4 days i have had bleach on my hair previousily when i was about 15 i had blonde highlights but im 18 now and say they have grown out. after the 4 days the colour has faded my hair has all different colours in it a light brown, tints of orange brown and a little yellow, i feel stupid that ive been keep going back ive never actually told her that i want a natural ash blonde though which is silly but ive only just learnt what its called because its quite unusaul hair colour not many people have it done can be classed as a bit grey and kharky but i dont know why its just the hair colour ive always craved but have never got it. i found a few photos, but this is a natural ash blonde isnt it?
http://a704.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/54/l_0ca7947abf26dac83bfbf5aec4388fd7.jpg

if anyone could find any other pictures that would be great to.
now ovbouisly im fed up im considering changing hairdressers but i wondered if anyone could help if the colour ive been picking its close to a natural ash blonde but if it keeps fading is it the make ive been having which is Goldwell or do i need to bleach all the hair first then put the natural ash blonde? ovbouisly im not going to do it but i just want a little info on what the stylist will do or what she could do.
the hair colour ive been dyeing for i know will also suit me because i have cool skin pale, and my natural hair colour is cool mousy.
now im going on holiday so i was going to leave hoping it will go a bit lighter which is usaully does it goes yellowy and then come back and get it done at a hairdressers.
so finally is it goldwell make, semi permanent, permanent reason why it wont last for more than 4 days?
or do i have to bleach all of it?
and lastly could anyone find any good pictures of ash blonde that i can take into the hairdressers to help.
all i want is a cool natural ash blonde all over with no yellow bits in it or no warm tones.
thanks if u could help and il get back to u

You must have lots of hidden warmth in your hair . If you dont wont any lift ,only the flat tone ,why dont you try a coloured styling moose , which you apply every time you style your hair? If you want it lightened , then a permanant colour is the only option , as the hair is lightened , the warmth reveals itself which may be the problem - that you could have more warmth than there is ash in the colour in which case you would need another ash semi on top of the ash tint

Hi, I know what you mean but ash is such a funny colour to work with , there is a fine line between too much and too little,
too much and you get grab especially on bleached hair as it can go khaki ,
too little and gold tones show through , (usually at the root area )
also ash fades out really fast too,

It must be an 8/NA she uses if it lifts it up blonder ?
perhaps she could swap to something with a bit more ash like an 8/1 especially for the root area

I really wouldn't be tempted to do anything yourself just before your holidays especially when using ash as you have to be so careful, and if you do put bleach on and then ash afterwards your hair could go a bad shade of khaki especially on the ends as it coud grab very badly and deepen even more if you have any older highlights remaining on the very ends

I think if you ask a hairdresser can they put few scattered bleached baby blonde highlights foiled through the top of your hair to cool it down for you and perhaps do the roots with an 8/1 or something with a bit more ash in it ?

but as you know , as I cannot see your hair or feel your hair... you will have to ask a hairdresser first for a proper consultaion,
also do ask for some test pieces first as these will show you exactly what you are getting and this will help you decide ,

then when you have a decent cooler colour
you could ask about using a very mild toner for in between visits to keep any brassy tones at bay ,
proclere herbal toners are good for this,
the ones in a little white and green box , and are especially nice for highlighted hair,
they have a few shades too choose from , and sallys have a colour ring that you could go and look at first ,
these are good toners for in between colours and they don't produce grab they go on the roots first for around ten to fifteen mins then on the ends for five or ten mins , but they can be left on longer if needed ,

I would leave all of this till after your holidays if you are going somwhere hot ,
or perhaps just have the roots done with a more ashen tone ,
as the sun and sea will just bleach out any highlights even more :hug: hth

Latest posts

Back