Turning 30 and starting my career! And very happy about it!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

passion4beautyx

Reaction score
just wanted to shout from the top of the roof how excited i am...
heres my story,, well over ten years ago i started working in a beauty salon as a receptionist.. i soon took an interest in the nail side of the buisness and enrolled on a star nails complete technician course (hoping my boss would promote me) i loved my course but unfortunatly my boss didnt promote me as she deemed that nail enhancements were not popular (im in ireland at this time but from london where it was buzzing with nails ect) anyhoooo that didnt put me off, i soon left that job due to not enough hours and started doing nails from home, altho it was slow as i live in a tiny town, iv enjoyed the work flow iv had over the past ten years and in the last 2 years or so it has got more and more popular, well im turning 30 in october and im even more into nail technology than ever!! i have enrolled in college one eve a week in nail tech. im hoping to do a conversion course with CND, im going to get shellac and minx, and my wonderfull hubby is getting my spray tan machine for my birthday!!! and im doing a course in dublin for that!
please exuse the long winded story but im like a kid in a candy shop! :lick::lick: i absolutly love learning, as my hubby said ... your more excited about these courses so you can speak to someone else who loves nails as much as you! ha ha soo true!:p
also want to say how much i love salon geek! im on here every day altho im not much of a writer i read each and every thread and its great!
well thats it!
thanks for reading!

So good to hear a happy story like this! You will love CND and good luck with the spray tanning too! I trained as a beauty therapist when I left school, and then went on to train with CND when I fell in love with nails in my first job on graduating. I have been out of the 'loop' for a while since relocating to Scotland and starting my family but I will be turning 30 next year and am aiming at going back into business by then. Good luck! x

So good to hear a happy story like this! You will love CND and good luck with the spray tanning too! I trained as a beauty therapist when I left school, and then went on to train with CND when I fell in love with nails in my first job on graduating. I have been out of the 'loop' for a while since relocating to Scotland and starting my family but I will be turning 30 next year and am aiming at going back into business by then. Good luck! x
aww thanks SalonFreya! cant wait and good luck with getting back into the loop!! :D:D

Good for you:p,
i was a late starter at 36 and 12 years later i'm still loving it.
Best thing I ever did.

deb x

Hi i am 41 and trained for 3 years qualified at 21 mobile for 10 years until I had my second daughter then relocated kept my hand in with waxing and now want to do nails again things have changed a lot! but Im confident I can do this and plan to train with CND, have done so much reading on the best courses my old eyes hurt! Good luck to you (and me ) x

Hi i am 41 and trained for 3 years qualified at 21 mobile for 10 years until I had my second daughter then relocated kept my hand in with waxing and now want to do nails again things have changed a lot! but Im confident I can do this and plan to train with CND, have done so much reading on the best courses my old eyes hurt! Good luck to you (and me ) x
thanks! all the best to you too!! best thing about this trade is there is no age limit!! ill be doing this untill the day i die and hopefully ill just improve with age lol:p

Good luck to you! Ive recently come into this business at 31 and so far, so good. Am attending an nail course next week and also doing hair, really looking forward to it!

Good luck to you! Ive recently come into this business at 31 and so far, so good. Am attending an nail course next week and also doing hair, really looking forward to it!
thats great emsie!! where and what course are you doing?:p wishing you lots of luck!!

I am 30 and qualified in nails and beauty in November 2010. I have now set up on my own I have a regular client base, but need to increase my client base especially for financial reasons! But although money wise I am struggling I still feel like it's the best thing I have ever done. Can't wait for word to get round. Good luck everyone xx

I'm turning 40 this year, and I am doing my first manicure training with cnd in September. I love nails and apart from getting my own done, I have no other experience. To say i'm a bit nervous is an understatement, I am constantly asking myself what the hell do you think you are doing at your age. But ha ho I can only try:)

Im 41 and halfway through my beauty therapy course. Absolutely love it but wish id done it in my 20s. However, i no longer come home after a mindnumbing day in the office moaning to my husband about my boring job! So when i get the jitters about starting a whole new career at my age i just think well, im happier within myself now which is reflected in all areas of my life. Sorry if thats mushy but doing something i really enjoy has made a huge difference to my outlook on life. And i know i probably wont get a job in a cutting edge salon but wherever i do end up i know i'll give it 100%. So glad i made the change! X

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

Hi passionfor beauty,

Well done on taking the plunge.

It can be nerve wracking but it is well worth it.

I am 48 and only started my journey into the world of nails last September after working for over 30 years in loads and loads of different areas for a major bank. But you know what, this is THE BEST JOB I have ever done. I LOVE IT.

Good luck with all your training.

R D Beauty. Relate to you on all points :)

thank you all!! just have a constant smile on my face! i wish each of you the best in your careers!! i must say i agree with you on the best job comment! working in a job you dont like is such a drag on life! im soo determined to get my backside in gear and train up and get out there! xxxx
thanks again!

Good for you Hun that's really great! I'm 35, qualified in 2003, started my own business in 2004 and was doing really great. Fell pregnant, kind of lost lots of clients, went back part time and things weren't quite the same, then had a few personal problems and totally lost enthusiasm for my business!! After having my second baby almost a year ago and suffering with PND, I was soooooo focussed on getting my beauty business back up and running!!! Realised how much i've missed it! It's took me a while but I'm now doing shellac, just this week been on my tanning course and hope to attend a Kim lawless waxing course, threading and attending Olympia in sept! Gotta say I'm buzzing! I guess what I'm trying to say is stick with it, work hard, keep up to date with your treatments and most of all shout from the roof tops what u do! If u don't talk about it no one will know you! Best of luck!!!! X

HI,
I am 51 and started my NVQ level 2 in nails in May ! I too have worked in many different roles in a major bank and infact am still there part time. I am enjoying my course so far, love doing manicures, pedicures and gels, but need more clients to practice on with acrylics!
Hopefully I will get there soon and get some clients onboard.

hi hun

what a lovely positive thread. I'm so pleased for, sounds like you're loving it!

I turned thirty is April and have my mani and shellac certificate as of July this year. I'm also going to train in pedicures and minx. It's absolutely fantastic isn't it.

Wish you and everyone else all the luck in the world.

Love n hugs x x x

Well done xxx

I'm 33 and qualified as a beauty therapist and masseuse a few months ago, I also qualified in eyeashes, gel nails and spray tan.

Best of luck to you and it's great to see someone so excited xxxx

Latest posts

Back