Turning 30

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can totally understand your fear of being 30. When I was 30 I sat indoors and sulked all night! No party, no going out, not even a take-away - just sat in all night being moody!

When I was 31 I went on a two-week "bender", had the time of my life and never looked back. I had a massive party for my 40th, and am now trying to organise my 50th in 6 months time :eek:

Suppose what I'm trying to say is if you feel bad about it, embrace the sadness, sulk if you want to, then get over it and move on! Once you've got this bad one out of the way, the rest will be a breeze! I think we all have one birthday that we can't cope with xxxx

I feel so much better now xx

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using SalonGeek

Age is just a number I turned 30 2 years ago and I don't feel Any different, in fact since I turned 30 I've made big changes in my life or trained nails etc

I turned 30, 2 years ago! Back then, I couldn't wait to be 30!i always said "I want to be 30 then stop there" lol. But when the day came, it was awful, everytime I opened a card that said 30 on it, it was like a huge slap in the face, BUT, you get over it. One of my friends said for her, turning 20 was the worst, when she lost her teenage years!!!

Aaww hun don't feel bad about it I'm gonna be 30 in November this year and absolutely dreading it :-( that's all I've had off my step son 'your 30 this year'
Well I've tried my best to stop depressing over it and decided I'm gonna have a ball we'd already booked to go to Florida 10 November for 16 days so back 3 days before the big event lol my hubby has paid for us to go to discovery cove as a birthday gift and already planning my house party with all my neighbours I love and admire ( who are older than me apart from the younger gay couple who live next door and I love them to bits)
I guess what I'm trying to say what everyone else has said is instead of depressing about it make it a birthday to remember it is just a number and life is what u make of it
Hth from a previously depressing 29 year old xxxxx

Exactly a month today and I will be 3-0! Can't wait!

Still feel 21 to be honest! Ha ha! Embrace it darling xx

For me the reason I dread 30 is that I feel I should be having children soon! (I turn 30 at the end of this year).
I feel like I am running out of time! I don't want to have children too late, but I don't feel ready yet. Is this normal? I am in a great relationship but we cannot yet "afford" to have children. Lots of my friends already have children and sometimes feel like I have missed out on something.
That's the reason why I dread my 30s ,I feel I should be having children! Anyone else feels the same??

For me the reason I dread 30 is that I feel I should be having children soon! (I turn 30 at the end of this year).
I feel like I am running out of time! I don't want to have children too late, but I don't feel ready yet. Is this normal? I am in a great relationship but we cannot yet "afford" to have children. Lots of my friends already have children and sometimes feel like I have missed out on something.
That's the reason why I dread my 30s ,I feel I should be having children! Anyone else feels the same??

Yip I feel the same :-(

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

I'm pleased its not only me, feel so much better that I am not on my own it makes me happy that we all seem to have the same perspective about the big 30 x

Don't feel like your getting too old to have children in a perfect world we would all be debt free by the time we have children but it never happens and once they come along people don't know how they manage but they do and having children in your 30's is the new 20's if you understand what I mean . I was 27 when I had my little one and every time I went for my scans I felt like a baby as there were always older women waiting for scans I got talking to a lady one day and she said she's had her career and now was her time ..... She was 42 years old so in my view you've got loads of time to enjoy life xxxx

Hi geeks, am turning 30 next year and I am very depressed about it, I was just wondering has anyone else felt/feels the same and make each other feel better about it xx

I am turning 40 next year. Start worrying when you get older. I expect those older to me, would say the same to me. Age is just a number. You are as old as you feel!

im 31 and turning 32 in October and it depresses me!!!!!!!!!!! people always think i am in my 20ies though so I have decided that my 30'ies is just a number as no one seems to think thats my age anyway so I might as well pretend life isnt moving as fast forward as it is!! I think mainly it is not feeling good cos I am unsure abput many things stilll in my life and when younger I tought that everything would be like this and that when Im in my 30ies but its not.. im still unsure about loads of things and scared of commitment. so hey ho, I guess I now plan to have my life on track before 35 ;) LOL. seriously tho, i think its totally different for everyone!

I was a bit like that when I turned 30 but was so fun sorting out a big night out for my birthday that that took over and i looked firward to that and 30 isn't that old! I'm 32 now and still sometimes get asked for ID which is great!! ;) so obviously I still look young which is the main thing and I certainly feel young that's all that matters!! Haha! :) x

It's all starting to sound fun, parties and holidays. Gonna have to do that and get all glammed up and my best dancing shoe on x

Wait till you're nearly 50

I claim the oldie prize - I was 60 in April.
I looked forward to it, had a fab celebration and told everyone I was 60. (Now I've just told everyone again!)
Enjoy every day of your life. x

I claim the oldie prize - I was 60 in April.
I looked forward to it, had a fab celebration and told everyone I was 60. (Now I've just told everyone again!)
Enjoy every day of your life. x

And you look beautiful, my beloved Dande!

I'll be 51 in a month and I chuckle when somone fears the big 3 - 0. They have no idea!

Enjoy being 30. It'll fly by, right Dande?

Have to admit, I was down about turning 30. Do something great! Go away, have a big birthday bash!

After all age is just a number!

xxx

It's just a number - do you think you will wake up one day and feel different? Believe me, you won't!

Every decade I've had I thought at the time was the best one, the teens, then the twenties, etc. I'm now in my fifties and I promise you each decade just keeps getting better. I have as much fun now as I did when I was in my twenties, except now I don't have to worry about getting up at stupid o'clock for my wee one, now I get up at stupid o'clock because I'm excited about my day ahead:D

Keep thinking about 'now' not the past or the future - and ENJOY everything:hug:

Latest posts

Back