Twinkle Toes & Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weeze1988

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm new on the site and looking for some good advice on what to purchase. I would like to buy a UV lamp and the glitter to do the twinkle toes. I already know I need to buy the CND base coat and the top coat which can be used to go under/over shellac and the glitter but I am after some advice on

1) What types of glitter can I use? - There are loads on ebay or is there a special type of glitter I should be using

2)What type of lamp should I buy? Just a cheap one off ebay 36V of should I buy a proper CND one? - where would you recommend I buy it from

3) Where do you guys go to buy your decent products when it comes to shellac?

Many Thanks for reading and answering.

Louise

Hiya

Welcome :)

I'm relatively new to the site too but there is a search function on here which is useful for info. Have a look through.

You'll see from other threads that you have to have the correct CND lamp to cure Shellac, the cheap lamps off Ebay don't work so don't waste your money. Only certified distributors are allowed to sell CND products (lamp and Shellac) so you need to speak to S2 (Sweet Squared) and provide them with your certificates to get hold of these. They are very helpful.

I can't help on the glitter...

Good luck x

Hi Guys,

I'm new on the site and looking for some good advice on what to purchase. I would like to buy a UV lamp and the glitter to do the twinkle toes. I already know I need to buy the CND base coat and the top coat which can be used to go under/over shellac and the glitter but I fine enough am after some advice on

1) What types of glitter can I use? - There are loads on ebay or is there a special type of glitter I should be using

2)What type of lamp should I buy? Just a cheap one off ebay 36V of should I buy a proper CND one? - where would you recommend I buy it from

3) Where do you guys go to buy your decent products when it comes to shellac?

Many Thanks for reading and answering.

Louise

1) alot of us like marther stwert glitter lots of colors to pick from , good amount for money and fine enough.

2) you HAVE to use one of the 2 CND lights with shellac for optimal cure.

3)sweet squared http://www.sweetsquared.com/. But you will have to register as a pro before you can get an account with them . :)

1) alot of us like marther stwert glitter lots of colors to pick from , good amount for money and fine enough.

2) you HAVE to use one of the 2 CND lights with shellac for optimal cure.

3)sweet squared Welcome - Sweet Squared. But you will have to register as a pro before you can get an account with them . :)

Can I still buy one if I'm not qualified? Also is Ellison's a good distributor to buy from?

I think you need to be a nail technician so would need to send your certificates to them...

Can I still buy one if I'm not qualified? Also is Ellison's a good distributor to buy from?

You need to have a recognised manicure and pedicure certificate in order to register with Sweet Squared to purchase Shellac.

Sweet Squared is the authorised main UK distributor of CND. Ellison's is a sub distributor, there are also many other sub distributors around the country. Where you buy from usually depends a lot on where you are actually based.

You need to have a Manicure/Pedicure Qualification to register and purchase professional CND Natural Nail products including Shellac from either Sweet Squared or Ellisons :hug:

Beat me to it Flower :D

Hi could you tell me where you get the glitter from? I have used some young nails ones which I liked but would like some different colours, I tried some craft glitters but they didnt seem as sparkly. Thanks 

Hi could you tell me where you get the glitter from? I have used some young nails ones which I liked but would like some different colours, I tried some craft glitters but they didnt seem as sparkly. Thanks 

I got my Martha Stewart Glitters from Hobbycraft :hug:

Louise this is a professional forum, there is a forum on here for non-professionals where you can post your questions, here is the link for you;
Consumer Queries - Salon Geek

Hopefully the mods will move this thread! x

When applying twinkle toes, what's the gel base you use to get the glitter to stick to? And what top coat is best for twinkle toes? I will be buying a Cnd uv lamp!

The best thing will be to get the appropriate training,
You clearly have an interest in nails so why not help that interest to grow by going about it the right way ,

Instead of wasting your hard earned money on a bunch of products that you don't understand ,
Sweet squared / elisons will not sell to you with out training, and with out training how will you recognize real or fake if you find an unauthorized seller?

It's not as easy as it looks if it was there wouldn't be 10000+ posts on here about shellac.

Id love to train but I work full time and the courses are expensive and they are also never held locally to me

Then the quickest/ smartest thing is to find a local salon who can do the service for you?
Doing any nail service with out training can lead to non optimal results , serves brake down and even overexposure leading to alargys. !

Id love to train but I work full time and the courses are expensive and they are also never held locally to me

I work full time but did my training a couple of months ago. I did my manicure, Shellac and Minx over 2 days, but you can always just do the manicure course as Shellac training is not compulsory (though I highly recommend it) so that is only 1 day you would need to be away from work. I just took 2 days holiday.

We can't talk prices on here, but the training is not expensive at all. You get your manicure products included, you just have to buy the files, cuticle pusher, scrub fresh etc. It's the Shellac lamp and colours that will cost you, but it's worth it.

Use up some of your holiday to train, It will also be cheaper than having a holiday.

Once you are trained you will be able to earn back the cost 10 fold & have another string to your bow.

Most of us have had to do it this way, along side another job.

I have no complains or regrets & have got more back than I would from a holiday.

It is worth investing in yourself, you never know when you may need that extra knowledge/earning power.

I've looked at courses and your looking at £600

There are CND-appointed Shellac Education Ambassadors across the country, and Creative Academy+ in Bournemouth, so not all that far from you. CND manicure and pedicure courses are available at a very reasonable cost, and you could then go on to do the Shellac certificate (which again, is extremely good value).

I cannot stress enough that none of the authorised distributors will allow you to buy Shellac or a CND UV lamp when you are not qualified, so the training really is essential. Give Sweet Squared a call, or contact Layla and her team at Creative Academy+, and hopefully you will be pleasantly surprised by the options available to you. :)

Well, I've just bought my twinkle toes kit from the main manufacture and they didn't ask for any certification.

Latest posts

Back